Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post here. I just bought a 2017 Niro Touring and am very pleased with it so far. It was a low-risk decision as my partner has had a 2018 EX model for about a year now, and it has been a great car.

It is interesting to see the features that have been added and removed. Her car has the lane change warning system and the smart cruise control which are not on mine. Her car does not have the alloy wheels that mine came with. I think the wheels are the reason that mine is rated for lower mpg.

The big thing I think is missing on both our cars is a garage door opener such as Homelink. I'd like to add one - has anyone done this? I did see that Kia have one that is stated to fit 2020 models. I found one listed for a Kia Soul on sale so ordered it to give it a try. "How hard can it be?" .....

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,002 Posts
Welcome! Yes, there are Homelink controls that can be added to any vehicle. Also, Kia did offer Homelink with some models of cars. I'm not certain the Touring trim did, however. I was told with my EX Premium PHEV (highest trim level for the PHEV) that the UVO buttons precluded also having Homelink. If you replace the mirror with a Homelink version, you'd probably lose the UVO functionality. On a car that old, it might not matter to you, as the free period has long expired. I checked KiaParts and found 29 different mirrors with Homelink: Search Results | Kia Parts Only one lists the Niro as a fit, and it was only for MY2018. Will it work on yours? I have no idea. :D

The Homelink web site lists some third party options as well: HomeLink

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car does not have the UVO buttons on the mirror so that is one less complication. I ordered the Kia Soul mirror I found on sale. Hopefully I can make it work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts