Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st full day with my new Niro EX (Metal Stream). So far very impressed. Everything has met my expectations. My only gripe is I can't locate the Rear USB Power Outlet.

Kia's website shows EX, Touring models have this standard.

"Rear USB Power Outlet
A powered USB port provides charge to rear passengers and their devices"

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Isn't it on the center console? Like right behind.under the center armrest? I can't find a picture or a mention in the owners manual, and the only picture of the area where I think it should be shows an optional AC plug. But the vehicle build does say it is a feature of the EX and Touring as you say.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome.

Always happy to see this community growing with new owners.

What did you own before coming to the Niro? I noticed the Niro is attracting a lot of first time Kia buyers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought all Niro models come with the interior center console USB power. I was expecting a 3rd USB connector below the rear center vents so the rear passengers can plug their phone cable.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes the second port is the one inside the center console. The 2018 brochure specifically says “USB charger inside Center console” starting with the EX. The Touring meanwhile has “110V power inverter” (eg a standard outlet).

Welcome to another NJ Niro. I got mine (2017, Medal Stream) in October. Before I bought it I saw one on the road. Finally last week I saw my second other one (Cerulean Blue) heading to the Lincoln Tunnel.Maybe I’ll see you sometime... I wouldn’t mind seeing more!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts