Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to say as new owner (about 400 miles driven) - so far I like. Computer displayed MPG is 54.3. A lot to learn about the gadgetry. It's an EX model with some of the advanced safety option added on (PKG included sunroof).

Located in Boyds Creek area - between Knoxville and Sevierville, TN

I ordered a spare tire kit from OEM Kia SuperStore. Installed in area where the sealer and compressor were located.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice ride heading your way

Not much to say as new owner (about 400 miles driven) - so far I like. Computer displayed MPG is 54.3. A lot to learn about the gadgetry. It's an EX model with some of the advanced safety option added on (PKG included sunroof).

Located in Boyds Creek area - between Knoxville and Sevierville, TN

I ordered a spare tire kit from OEM Kia SuperStore. Installed in area where the sealer and compressor were located.
Will be flying to TYS Sunday and spending the week in the Gatlinburg area, would love to buy you a cup of coffee for a chance to look at your Niro. My plans are to buy the same model. If we can't connect, please post your impressions and feedback. Will send you a msg with my email address.

Thanks, John Wallace, Round Rock TX

·
Registered
174 Posts
OH SUPER USEFUL INFO! I am looking to order a spare kit as well. Is the fit good? Could a full size spare fit or only the compact one?

I'm looking to order the spare, all weather mats and waterproof cargo thing. I ordered some mudguards when I bought the car but they still don't have them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I put the full sized spare from my VW sportwagen (205/55-16) in my Niro and it fit.....though the 2nd tray wouldn't. Please note: the lug pattern for VW is different than Kia so that wheel was just a test....and I do realize Kia's size is 205/60-16. I have a jack and a foldable lug wrench that I know works because I already took my wheels off and painted the calipers blue.....so I'm trying to find out if any 16" Kia or Hyundai wheel would work so I could have a full sized spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will be flying to TYS Sunday and spending the week in the Gatlinburg area, would love to buy you a cup of coffee for a chance to look at your Niro. My plans are to buy the same model. If we can't connect, please post your impressions and feedback. Will send you a msg with my email address.

Thanks, John Wallace, Round Rock TX
John -- Saw your MSG and E Mailed you a few days ago. I did not hear back, wonder if you got the E Mai?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted this under anther topic, thought I would add it here as sort of goes along with the Topic I started. I did not think to give theses details when I started this topic. Might help someone with decision.

Feb 11, 2017 @ Rusty Wallace KIA in Alcoa (just south of Knoxville, TN). I had posted this as a reply on another post -- decided to also post here with location (Knoxville, TN) as might help someone. I should point out that I did not bargain as hard as I usually do because (I don't know ?). I just loved the car, color, it was in stock, and I was like a kid in candy store at 78 yr old and bought it. Spend kids inheritance.

EX Base $25,700
Pear White $395
Sunroof and Advanced Tech Pkg $2300
Carpeted Floor Mats $130
Cargo Net $50
Mud Guards $95

$28,670 MSRP
Freight and Handling $895
$29,565
-$2000 Discount
$27,565

Spare Tire KIT was extra (online for $199 total include shipping - Dealer wanted $245 plus tax).

Trade on My 2010 Nissan Rogue (360 degree version)-- was about what I expected based on my looking up Kelly Bluebook for trade in value. They started at $6000 and went to $7500. (Retail was $10,500 -- would have been ahead to try and sell for anything over about $8200 -- have to pay tax on difference in trade and new car, so tax would be higher by say 9% of the $7500 had I sold it outright).

It was low mileage at 61K, and garage kept car driven by a couple 78 yr olds. It did have a scratch on rear bumper where i bumped it with my trailer. I had replaced front fender myself (bought one and had MACCO Paint it) to repair a small dent I put in the plastic bumper. It also had a CARFAX accident report from when a lady barely bumped my rear bumper - I took estimate from her insurance and did not fix (could not really see much - slight scratch buff mark)

Then there is Tax, Fees for registration to transfer (my plates to the new car), and a DANG Service Charge of $499 that I did not pay attention to before I got home. ALL I CAN SAY IS -- I did not bargain as hard as I usually do when trading as I thought close to a fair deal until I got home and saw the $499 charge. (Needed to pay closer attention).

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts