Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been running with AUXITO 20w version of 9005 since last summer per other forum member experience and was happy with the output. it is little brighter than halogen it replaced but much dimmer compare to OEM LED of other vehicles like the new Corolla/Camry and others. replaced that with AUXITO Mini Sized Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs 80W 16,000LM and it's bright as the other OEM. no "darker" spot and the light cut off is perfectly lined so it should not be an issue with oncoming traffic. literally it doubled wattage from 20 to 40 per bulb and it's twice as bright. no heat build up after one hour of driving so it's safe to use and I don't expect a problem considering it's still 15-20 watts lower than the halogen. Low/High works perfect too and it's a winner.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No issue at all and I have been using them every morning when its still dark to go to work before the "shutdown". also, i keep the Niro inside the garage so the light comes on each time I start because it's in auto mode. i have stopped side by side with Corollas and other lower end single LED vehicles and mine is as bright as other OEMs. I highly recommend it. you have two choices, one that is 38watt and my current one with 40watt. 38watt one is shaped just like the 20watt one i had before and it's a newer LED from AUXITO. matter a fact, all the AUXITO LED bulbs are still working and still bright.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great to hear. You haven't had any heat issues with the fan less design? I'd be concerned about the lights being sealed behind the dust cap. Do you have a model # to the lights you're using?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great to hear. You haven't had any heat issues with the fan less design? I'd be concerned about the lights being sealed behind the dust cap. Do you have a model # to the lights you're using?
Did you end up buying LED bulbs for your car?

I have been researching for a few days and settled on the new design for Auxito. Seems like @sightland also has these now. Is that correct?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you end up buying LED bulbs for your car?

I have been researching for a few days and settled on the new design for Auxito. Seems like @sightland also has these now. Is that correct?

Those are the exact bulbs I purchased and installed. The thin center board is perfect for the Niro halogen projectors.

I first tried Diode Dynamics SL1s, and the thick center board and circular tip caused huge dark spots. These auxitos were far cheaper, substantially brighter, and align quite well with the stock halogen cutoff.

That said, the fan seems a little cheap, and i'm concerned about long-term reliability. But, for ~$45 per pair, I can afford to have a set burn out. I'm hopeful that, since there is less heat in an EV engine bay, then less heat stress will be placed on the bulbs/fans, making them last longer.

All in all, I recommend the Auxitos you linked to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those are the exact bulbs I purchased and installed. The thin center board is perfect for the Niro halogen projectors.

I first tried Diode Dynamics SL1s, and the thick center board and circular tip caused huge dark spots. These auxitos were far cheaper, substantially brighter, and align quite well with the stock halogen cutoff.

That said, the fan seems a little cheap, and i'm concerned about long-term reliability. But, for ~$45 per pair, I can afford to have a set burn out. I'm hopeful that, since there is less heat in an EV engine bay, then less heat stress will be placed on the bulbs/fans, making them last longer.

All in all, I recommend the Auxitos you linked to.

View attachment 6433
Very nice. Mine arrive tomorrow and I'm putting them in my 2020 LXS HEV. I'm happy to hear they work so well for you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I installed the new lights. I made sure they were aligned correctly. Wow what a difference. I'm looking forward to it getting dark so I can do a test drive to see if anyone is bothered by the lights

[

·
Registered
336 Posts
I put GTR Ultra 2 LEDs in my headlights and fog lights, what a difference on the road that makes. Hardly need my high beams Plus they have a lifetime guarantee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts