Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Niro owners. I purchased a Touring with tech package last week. I have been a Prius owner since 2009 and never paid much attention to the KIA brand until the Niro was introduced. I first saw it at the auto show back in February then took a test drive at a local dealer a few weeks later. After spending the intervening months researching, comparing dealers, prices, etc., and getting an acceptable offer for the Prius, I finally took the plunge. KIA's offering 0% on financing was icing on the cake. So far, I am very pleased with the car. I'm still on the first tank of gas so I can only go by the display which is averaging 46.5 mpg. I was around 48 with the Prius. Considering the design, features and comfort of the Niro for the price paid, I am beyond impressed with this car...looking forward to sharing experiences with other owners!

·
Registered
227 Posts
miketee4- congrats, happy motoring! I have the LX model, adv.as 49MPG combined. After 9 fillups I am averaging 55.2 MPG,and I don't drive like an eco-maniac, I just try to drive sensibly. Your Touring is rated a little lower MPG, but you should be able to get about what the Prius did. It would be interesting if you could post some differences you notice between Prius/Niro.

·
Registered
125 Posts
miketee4- congrats, happy motoring! I have the LX model, adv.as 49MPG combined. After 9 fillups I am averaging 55.2 MPG,and I don't drive like an eco-maniac, I just try to drive sensibly. Your Touring is rated a little lower MPG, but you should be able to get about what the Prius did. It would be interesting if you could post some differences you notice between Prius/Niro.
I'm at 5,500 miles on my Touring and I'm averaging about 47 with a usual split of 50/50 economical vs. normal driving. the 18 in wheels clearly have a negative effect on MPG. I'm still more than pleased with 47, however.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...I try to take it easy but admit to having a heavy foot at times! I probably could have gotten better mileage with the Prius but I just don't have the patience for "hypermiling". On the other hand, I'm not a speed demon either. Anyway, I'm happy with MPG's in the mid-40's considering the way the Niro rides and handles. It feels more solid and stable on the road than the Prius and I'm sure the larger tires have a lot to do with it along with the Niro's independent rear suspension. I'm really enjoying all of the creature comforts of the touring model. Cooled seats was a surprise and I love the parking assist and other warning beeps. Also, the quality, fit and finish of the car is great. It feels like a more expensive car...no complaints so far! I'm still discovering things so more reports to come.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Enjoy your NIRO, sounds like you are so far. :)

I have 6600 miles on mine (bought it FEB) and like most everything about it. Do think I feel the surging, stuttering, whatever you call it occasionally.

You can see the good and bad things to watch for on this FORUM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts