Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,we had a '09 Jetta TDI loved it but took the vw buyout ,so far love the milage of the niro ..anyone else have one that is very rough at around 30 mph ,,?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hard to describe with words (rough, stutter, jerky, or "whatever").

Yes, I do notice something (rough, stutter, jerky, or "whatever") at times. I am guessing it is in the transmission (normal or abnormal shifting or engine misfire).

BTW, As you may have read, one poster here had serious problem "whatever" and was finally diagnosed as a mis-fire and looks like he will get a new car as they could not resolve his problem - serious "whatever" he described as stutter I think).

Anyway, as it stands now -- I am ignoring the slight 'whatever" (I call it slight) and like the car and Mile Per Gallon (around 51MPG on reported 8 fill ups - reported here and on Fuelly Web Site).

We shall see as time and miles go on. ??? In the meantime, hope their warranty works if needed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
steering is great ,just seams like the engine is missing ..then smooths out ..doesnt kick out any codes yet ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will be swapping my Passat TDI for a Niro. Passat has averaged 37 mpg combined. Hybrid gets better mileage in traffic, diesel on the open road. So it's a trade-off depending on what kind of driving you do. I use Fuelly to track my mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts