Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I picked up my new 2018 Niro LX on Saturday. I got the color I wanted - Cerulean Blue and so far its great.

My wife has an iPhone and tested out the Car Play which worked great. I have an android phone with works great with the Android Auto.

The only thing I think I'll update on it is to eventually get a proper spare tire.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats on the new Niro and welcome to the community! Glad to hear that you're happy with the purchase so far. Will a full sized spare fit in the floor or will you have to look to mount it elsewhere?

·
Registered
222 Posts
In now ~6 month of owning my Niro (bought in early October) before this weekend I'd only seen two others... one just before I bought it last September and one in February. This weekend I saw one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

All of the 3 this year have been Cerulean Blue (I can't remember what the one last September was). It is a very nice color. I just decided to late fate choose my color by letting it be whatever the dealer could track down.

P.S. *Definitely* get the spare. I hit a nail last week and got a flat. I don't want to mess with that goo and gunk up my TPMS. Luckily a shop was able to patch my original.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool,

Thanks for the spare info. Just have to limp along a couple of months before I can get one.
I saved up and paid cash for the Niro so I wouldn't be chained to an auto loan but that's tapped me out for a month or two.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Full size spare fits in the EX. No reason it shouldn't fit in the LX.
It does. Only the PHEV and EV does not fit a spare (of any size) under the load floor. Someone on this forum is selling a brand new OEM wheel and tire. He has three extra after upgrading the wheels to 18" and keeping one for his own spare.
I picked up my new 2018 Niro LX on Saturday. I got the color I wanted - Cerulean Blue and so far its great.
I was torn between Cerulean, Red, and Gray. I picked up the gray because it was available at the price I wanted from a convenient dealer. I knew I might have buyer's remorse, and I do! Gray seems to be the new generic color (I wasn't aware), previously silver was the generic color on the road. I can live with it though, and I do like that it doesn't stand out from the crowd as I often stealth park and sleep in my car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome new Niro owner! I also had a Prius. I actually liked the CVT. It was smooth. The Niro's dual clutch trans is a bit jumpy, in comparison. But overall my 2017 Niro EX is such a huge step up in quality, and it costs me about $4,000 less than what I paid in late 2004 for my fully loaded 2005 Prius (which cost me about 31K). A step up in quality but a lower price, and better mpg -- very satisfied customer here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.