Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I picked up my new 2018 Niro LX on Saturday. I got the color I wanted - Cerulean Blue and so far its great.

My wife has an iPhone and tested out the Car Play which worked great. I have an android phone with works great with the Android Auto.

The only thing I think I'll update on it is to eventually get a proper spare tire.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats on the new Niro and welcome to the community! Glad to hear that you're happy with the purchase so far. Will a full sized spare fit in the floor or will you have to look to mount it elsewhere?

·
Registered
221 Posts
In now ~6 month of owning my Niro (bought in early October) before this weekend I'd only seen two others... one just before I bought it last September and one in February. This weekend I saw one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

All of the 3 this year have been Cerulean Blue (I can't remember what the one last September was). It is a very nice color. I just decided to late fate choose my color by letting it be whatever the dealer could track down.

P.S. *Definitely* get the spare. I hit a nail last week and got a flat. I don't want to mess with that goo and gunk up my TPMS. Luckily a shop was able to patch my original.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on the new Niro and welcome to the community! Glad to hear that you're happy with the purchase so far. Will a full sized spare fit in the floor or will you have to look to mount it elsewhere?

Full size spare fits in the EX. No reason it shouldn't fit in the LX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spare Tire

Ive seen a donut tire on amazon for $229

Genuine OEM Factory 2017 Kia Niro Spare Tire Kit (Applies to all factory wheel sizes)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool,

Thanks for the spare info. Just have to limp along a couple of months before I can get one.
I saved up and paid cash for the Niro so I wouldn't be chained to an auto loan but that's tapped me out for a month or two.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Full size spare fits in the EX. No reason it shouldn't fit in the LX.
It does. Only the PHEV and EV does not fit a spare (of any size) under the load floor. Someone on this forum is selling a brand new OEM wheel and tire. He has three extra after upgrading the wheels to 18" and keeping one for his own spare.
I picked up my new 2018 Niro LX on Saturday. I got the color I wanted - Cerulean Blue and so far its great.
I was torn between Cerulean, Red, and Gray. I picked up the gray because it was available at the price I wanted from a convenient dealer. I knew I might have buyer's remorse, and I do! Gray seems to be the new generic color (I wasn't aware), previously silver was the generic color on the road. I can live with it though, and I do like that it doesn't stand out from the crowd as I often stealth park and sleep in my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My previous Car

Congrats.

Welcome to the forum!
What did you own before coming to the Niro?
I had an 07 Toyota Prius but was tired of the CVT transmission and weird internal layout of latest models wasn't enticing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome new Niro owner! I also had a Prius. I actually liked the CVT. It was smooth. The Niro's dual clutch trans is a bit jumpy, in comparison. But overall my 2017 Niro EX is such a huge step up in quality, and it costs me about $4,000 less than what I paid in late 2004 for my fully loaded 2005 Prius (which cost me about 31K). A step up in quality but a lower price, and better mpg -- very satisfied customer here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts