Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just picked up my 2022 Niro EV yesterday and loving it so far. I traded in a Pacifica PHEV that was giving me trouble and was really more vehicle than I ended up needing. Looking forward to my first long trip in the coming weeks and seeing how the range holds up at highway speeds. I will be doing at least two 2k mile round trip journeys this summer, so hopefully the DC network is much better than the critics would have you believe.

Matt

·
Registered
Kia, Niro EV 2022
48 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just picked up my 2022 Niro EV yesterday and loving it so far. I traded in a Pacifica PHEV that was giving me trouble and was really more vehicle than I ended up needing. Looking forward to my first long trip in the coming weeks and seeing how the range holds up at highway speeds. I will be doing at least two 2k mile round trip journeys this summer, so hopefully the DC network is much better than the critics would have you believe.

Matt
Congrats. The EV drives nice. Hopefully you don't have to drive I80 in WY; not EV friendly yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on the new vehicle! I am also in the Chicago area. Any recommendations on dealers to shop? I am leaning towards the Niro PHEV. Also, mind if I ask whether you were able to pay MSRP (or below)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new vehicle! I am also in the Chicago area. Any recommendations on dealers to shop? I am leaning towards the Niro PHEV. Also, mind if I ask whether you were able to pay MSRP (or below)?
Thank you! I paid just a little under MSRP, which right now, feels pretty good. I got it from Southlake Kia in Hobart Indiana. They treated me amazing and it was a extremely easy buying process. They did everything ahead of time over the phone, we came to a number and I went in and signed. I was only in the showroom maybe an hour including test drive.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
230 Posts
Hello everyone,

Matt
Congrats on your purchase. Yeah those Pacificas are trash. Glad you made the change. I have had the car for 2 in half years and so far I have put in 60k miles on the car. I have done all oil changes at 6k. No breakdowns and the bear thing is the mpg. Very outstanding.

·
Registered
108 Posts
DC network is awful here in Northern NJ. Luckily my day trips are typically well within the Niro EV's range, and I have backup ICE vehicles when needed. They are pretty lonely, though. Just made a 2-night trip to a Philly suburb and back. Was able to top off the charge with the 120V charger that came with the car (took 20 hours), but the trip was under 100 miles each way, and according to the Guess-O-Meter, I had more than enough to make the round-trip without charging. Nice, however, to have the insurance of the extra charge and no range anxiety whatsoever.

And there was a bank of Electrify America fast chargers at a nearby mall in PA (checked this in advance). I didn't need one this time.

As I've seen, there are more and more chargers springing up all around. Not happening fast enough for some of us, but that's the way it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made a drive down to Indianapolis (300 miles round trip) this past weekend. Made two short stops at 150 kWh fast chargers (under 20 minutes each) and it worked great. Makes me way more confident for my long trips this summer. Also considering making a high-risk trip to Copper Harbor, MI (which will require an overnight both ways in L'Anse) just to see if I can do it, my wife is less than enthused by this idea:).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts