Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just got a 2019 Niro EX and the welcome sound when you start and turn off the car on is driving me nuts. I can't find anywhere in either the steering wheel accessed settings or setup section to disable it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi,
I just got a 2019 Niro EX and the welcome sound when you start and turn off the car on is driving me nuts. I can't find anywhere in either the steering wheel accessed settings or setup section to disable it. Does anyone know if this is possible?
I think you're stuck with it. It bothered me at first but I've gotten used to it over the last year or so. The start up sound is actually a little useful as it provides some indication of when the car is actually ready to drive. If you take your foot off the brake too soon after hitting the start button you end up in a situation where you can take the car out of park but it won't actually drive. In fact, it will just roll if you're on an incline. That one's gotten me a few times.

Not sure what purpose the turn off chime serves though.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Locate the speaker and disable it is the only way to go. First thing I once did in the first couple days of purchasing a new 1977 Datsun. But as jmurphEV says, you may miss knowing when your car is ready to move after turning it on.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Locate the speaker and disable it is the only way to go. First thing I once did in the first couple days of purchasing a new 1977 Datsun. But as jmurphEV says, you may miss knowing when your car is ready to move after turning it on.
Doesn't it play through the car's audio speakers? Wouldn't want to disable those :D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Possible, but that uses a different computer. You can wire around that computer, but it would seem to me to be cheaper to use a different speaker for alerts. Regular alerts are by the way are inaudible with the radio playing so the beeps are certainly not playing through the sound system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've learned the song when turning the car off is actually a good thing. Every once in a while, when I first got the car I would park, 'turn it off', and open the door to walk away and look back and still see more dash lights on than I should. I'd get back in and redo the 'off sequence', and when I did it right the song would sound.

Now I don't get out until I hear the ditty.

Maybe KIA will give us a selection of tunes someday. Hah!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts