Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you all are stuck with me for another 2 years. I bit the bullet and signed off on a 2019. I hope it gives me another 158,000 miles of trouble free driving.

·
Registered
138 Posts
How long did it take you to put 158,000 on your Niro. That is some impressive mileage and time behind the wheel.

You may have more experience behind the wheel of a Niro than anyone else in the world!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Naturally there 2019 will feel different than the 2017 so this may be an impossible question to answer but here goes...
Do you detect any initial difference in materials or quality between the 2017 & the 2019?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naturally there 2019 will feel different than the 2017 so this may be an impossible question to answer but here goes...
Do you detect any initial difference in materials or quality between the 2017 & the 2019?
Not at all. If I didn't know the year of the car, I would say it was the same car. Obviously steering is tighter, car rides smoother, but your comparing 158,000 miles to zero miles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget you have to change the clutch fluid earlier in your new car! ROFLMAO/forum/images/KiaNiroForum/smilies/tango_face_devil.png/forum/images/KiaNiroForum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Ok. I will put that in my calendar for December. They are nuts. I'm keeping the same interval. Lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My colleague with 2017 Touring noted my 2019 is smoother from standing start. He says his 2017 is jerky in low and stand still start. I told him about TB issued on August of 2018 ECU reflash may help so he will follow-up with the dealer during next service. Other than that, FE and LX is identical all three years and there have been some minor option/standard changes in EX/TouringS/Touring for 2019.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Day one in the new car is complete. Odometer now reads 400 even. So far averaged 53.6 mpg. Found one problem with the new car, the plastic backing on the driver's seat is loose and will not snap into place. Other than that, rides just like the last one. I haven't made it to the intersection in town here with an uphill and a right hand turn. My old car had a hard time finding the right mix of power and gearing on that hill. Looking forward to seeing if this car figures it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Day 2 and 3 saw less miles added to the odometer, but I finally made it to the intersection in town with the uphill and right hand turn. The new car definitely had a smoother take off at the stop sign. The first time it barely revved. The second time it revved a little but not like the old car. I will get a few hundred more miles added tomorrow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sure am slacking on the new Niro. Just flipped 4700 miles. It will be a month old next week. So I am a little behind in mileage compared to normal. It's hunting season so I knock off work early and go sit in a tree. Other than the flat tire, nothing to report. Avg fuel mileage for the first 10 tanks was 49.58 mpgs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I sure am slacking on the new Niro. Just flipped 4700 miles. It will be a month old next week. So I am a little behind in mileage compared to normal. It's hunting season so I knock off work early and go sit in a tree. Other than the flat tire, nothing to report. Avg fuel mileage for the first 10 tanks was 49.58 mpgs.
Don't fall out of the tree!:eek:

·
Registered
363 Posts

Not sure what those two "G"s stand for in your handle, but in my mind they stand for "Go Billy Go!" We love reading your posts about how much mileage you've put on your Niro.

I was reminded of you today when I was reading this article about extreme mileage on Teslas. I know you have mentioned concerns about "appearances" when you show up at a customer-site, and maybe a Tesla would be at odds with that concern today, but in my (Southern California) part of the world, they have become so ubiquitous in the last year that they are almost as common as the Toyota Prius (or a Chevy, choose your poison). And there are several articles out there now that suggest that the total cost of ownership of a Tesla Model 3 is less than that of comparable cars, although I haven't seen any direct comparisons to a Niro.

I don't want to seem like a traitor to the brand (especially on this forum), and one huge advantage that the Niro has over a Tesla is that you can refuel at any gas station. But at some point in our future, the pure-EV play might begin to be affordable enough and have enough range (most of the time) to give hybrids a good run for their money.

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
Day one in the new car is complete. Odometer now reads 400 even. So far averaged 53.6 mpg. Found one problem with the new car, the plastic backing on the driver's seat is loose and will not snap into place. Other than that, rides just like the last one.
400 Miles already ? :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts