Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to talk to a guy about a New2021 Niro LXS. Dang gotta move up a notch to get push button start. Yes I'm a little early to trade at only 123k on this one but I'm nervous what will be available if I wait 6 months. Inflation seems to be rampant, trade in values I have been quoted $11-14k. Will the computer chip crisis get better. Lots of things to think about.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If it's running good I'd just keep it. In the future who knows what the crystal ball holds? There's always some kind of crises and reason to raise prices. And if you don't like the new Niro the Prius will be ready for a new generation. Who knows Kia could screw up the next generation Kia and Toyota could reclaim market share with the next generation Prius.:unsure: What ever you decide good luck though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's running good I'd just keep it. In the future who knows what the crystal ball holds? There's always some kind of crises and reason to raise prices. And if you don't like the new Niro the Prius will be ready for a new generation. Who knows Kia could screw up the next generation Kia and Toyota could reclaim market share with the next generation Prius.:unsure: What ever you decide good luck though.
I walked out of there. He had about $1000 difference he couldn't make happen. I've bought many of cars and always feel like I squeezed the dealer as much as I can. It's good feeling to get as much for your trade and the best overall price. If I needed a car, I would have dickered. But since I don't, it was a nice day for a drive.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You gotta do what's best for you and only you know that. If you didn't feel good about the deal it's good you walked. Who knows when they see their end of month numbers maybe you'll get that phone call that they agree.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You gotta do what's best for you and only you know that. If you didn't feel good about the deal it's good you walked. Who knows when they see their end of month numbers maybe you'll get that phone call that they agree.
You know if dealers wouldn't put stupid options on cars they could probably sell the car easier. The one I looked at today had roof rack cross bars. Like a $300 option. Nitrogen filled tires $190. If they wouldn't have those two things which I see as useless, we would have been off by $500 bucks, we probably could have found some middle ground.

·
Registered
617 Posts
They actually tried to charge you $190 for nitrogen in the tires?? That's crazy. Mine was a dealer trade and I saw from the stickers the original dealer had that added but since it was a dealer trade nobody mentioned it and I got it for free, which is what it's worth LOL.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I pulled the trigger on Monday. Got a 2021 silver LXS. Sticker was $27770, but it had add ons also. Locking lug nuts, and extra tinting. Basically they put darker tint on the windows that are already tinted. I told the guy you can have my car plus $13,000 cash. I don't need to buy a car today and he could take it or leave it. So what did I trade in, 2019 LX with 123,000 miles. Cracked windshield beyond repair. 4 tires with less than 10,000 usable miles left.

·
Registered
617 Posts
So I pulled the trigger on Monday. Got a 2021 silver LXS. Sticker was $27770, but it had add ons also. Locking lug nuts, and extra tinting. Basically they put darker tint on the windows that are already tinted. I told the guy you can have my car plus $13,000 cash. I don't need to buy a car today and he could take it or leave it. So what did I trade in, 2019 LX with 123,000 miles. Cracked windshield beyond repair. 4 tires with less than 10,000 usable miles left.
Glad you got what you wanted. Good luck with your new car. I'm sure you'll keep us apprised with how you like it and what is different. I'll be interested in what you think about the A/C vents and if you notice them more noisy than your other Niros.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you got what you wanted. Good luck with your new car. I'm sure you'll keep us apprised with how you like it and what is different. I'll be interested in what you think about the A/C vents and if you notice them more noisy than your other Niros.
254 miles in the new Niro. I noticed the vents looked different but haven't noticed more noise. I love the homelink on the mirror. Upset I don't have my Sirius radio anymore. How do you make a car without that. On a positive note, glad I won't be paying for that anymore and wasn't as happy with Sirius lately. I listen to 90s country and it felt like it was on a loop. Definitely more hybrid electric car sounds at low speed. I am sure I will have more to add.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the upgrade! Was it a different dealer this time?
Funny you should ask. If you follow me, you probably already know this is my third Niro. I bought my first and third from the same dealer. The second one I bought from a different dealer. I use these for my sales job and travel 70-75000 miles per year. Color is last priority. Functionality is most important, closely followed by price. By functionality I mean push button start was a must. I put a realistic number together, and go in knowing what I want at the price I'm willing to pay. This time I gave him my out of pocket desire. I always tell them no hard feelings if today is not the day and they can't meet my number. I guarantee I don't overpay for my vehicles. Just gotta stick to your guns and be ready to walk. You control the sale not them. Some day I will be a professional car shopper. LoL.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok. The Niro isn't new anymore 850 miles on it, tomorrow I'll break 1000. Almost just got smashed by a guy making a wide turn off a side street. Vents still seem quiet. Two things I don't like, I sit in the car and do work at night a lot. If the car is on, the lower running lights are on. I have not found a way to turn them off. The second thing is warning messages. The one was backseat child reminder. I turned that off. If it said don't forget to drop off the beef or make a bank deposit, I would like that better. But if it saves a child's life, kudos to the manufacturers. The second warning keeps telling me to take a break. I know I'm tired but if I took a break every time it told me, I'd be still on the way home from the dealer. Other than that, no complaints.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ok. The Niro isn't new anymore 850 miles on it, tomorrow I'll break 1000. Almost just got smashed by a guy making a wide turn off a side street. Vents still seem quiet. Two things I don't like, I sit in the car and do work at night a lot. If the car is on, the lower running lights are on. I have not found a way to turn them off. The second thing is warning messages. The one was backseat child reminder. I turned that off. If it said don't forget to drop off the beef or make a bank deposit, I would like that better. But if it saves a child's life, kudos to the manufacturers. The second warning keeps telling me to take a break. I know I'm tired but if I took a break every time it told me, I'd be still on the way home from the dealer. Other than that, no complaints.
I didn't realise there are so many new warnings compared to the 2018 model. Trouble is if there's too many warnings for nothing people will tend to just dismiss them. I ignore most of the beeping my Niro makes now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I always tell them no hard feelings if today is not the day and they can't meet my number. I guarantee I don't overpay for my vehicles. Just gotta stick to your guns and be ready to walk. You control the sale not them. Some day I will be a professional car shopper. LoL.
I thought I remembered you going to a dealer last week and walking away. Wasn't sure if they came down in price, or if you found a different dealer willing to work with you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought I remembered you going to a dealer last week and walking away. Wasn't sure if they came down in price, or if you found a different dealer willing to work with you.
Yes it was a different dealer than last week, bit nice to tell them when they called, I found what I was looking for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts