Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had driven a Mazda Tribute for 12 years and loved it, but it was time. I was considering used cars, particularly the CRV, HRV & Mazda 5. I also considered buying a new Niro. I ended up finding a used one several states away with 6,500 miles on it and bought it for $23k which I was happy with as the dealers were trying to sell me the same one new for $28.5 and I frankly found dealing with the local dealers really frustrating.

I have a lead foot but find that keeping the average fuel economy on the screen helps me stay conscious of not flooring it. In a combination of highway/city driving on my daily 20 mile commute, I'm getting the 43 mile average it says you should get. I notice on colder days and rainier days I do get about 2 or 3 mpg lower and we've had a lot of those lately, even in Austin, TX.

I absolutely love the car and I'm so glad I bought it. Just bought the used tire kit and OEM floormats to add to it. As a note, I didn't realize the car had an air compressor in it and it came in handy when my wife's Sienna had a flat.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice...I had 2 Mazda Tributes, a 2001 and a 2003. Wish they still made them like they did back then.

I have a Touring Launch and on my 60 mile commute, I am getting just about the same mileage as you, although on the way home yesterday, I saw 49.7. Strange but I'll take it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
welcome to the forum

if you live somewhere that gets messy winter weather then you should buy winter mats from a brand like Weather Tech off season while prices are probably much less than during winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts