Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a Niro EX with the advanced sunroof package. An awesome deal.

Few questions:
1) How do I change the music/jingle that plays when you start/stop the car? I would like to customize it.
2) I didn't realize it didn't have a CD player! now, I play stuff over USB, but another source was great. Like I would be listening to an audiobook on the CD, and then take periodic breaks by switching over to the USB to listen to songs. What are the other users doing?
3) Even more importantly, if I use Android Auto, I have to connect the phone to the USB port! and there goes my only USB to listen from. What do you other users do?
4) I don't mind copying over a few audiobooks over to car, but it still sucks since the size is so limited (700MB)!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am not heavy on the TECHIE Stuff on cars are whatever. I get by is about all I can say.

Primarily use the USB for music. Phone is Android and does Bluetooth, plays Music from phone - none of that is hooked up thru USB.

Can you put audiobooks on USB --- surely get USB with more than 700MB.

Not that any of that helps, hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm interested in this answer too. Also along these lines, do you use the voice command? It's frustrating...she is so inconsistent in ability to understand or give info.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am not heavy on the TECHIE Stuff on cars are whatever. I get by is about all I can say.

Primarily use the USB for music. Phone is Android and does Bluetooth, plays Music from phone - none of that is hooked up thru USB.

Can you put audiobooks on USB --- surely get USB with more than 700MB.

Not that any of that helps, hope you get it figured out.
As Paul said, you should be able to use Bluetooth to get anything you access on the phone....no USB required. I do that now on my RAV4.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't use BT w/ phone because when someone calls it's too confusing answering the cell. When cell, rings, I hear nothing....silence and the 3 options appear asa to which sound source (iPhone/Speaker/ Kia Motors) I try them all but by that time the person calling has hung up. I use my regular method of laying iPhone on my lap and use external speaker to talk to my callers....and it's plenty loud enough and no confusion in answering phone w/ appropriate speaker. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use the BT to listen to audio books of phone. That way the phone still works hands free.

If you are set on using a USB drive you might want to see if an usb hub would work to give you ore ports. I don't know if that would work or not.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't use BT w/ phone because when someone calls it's too confusing answering the cell. When cell, rings, I hear nothing....silence and the 3 options appear asa to which sound source (iPhone/Speaker/ Kia Motors) I try them all but by that time the person calling has hung up. I use my regular method of laying iPhone on my lap and use external speaker to talk to my callers....and it's plenty loud enough and no confusion in answering phone w/ appropriate speaker. :)
Just hit the green button on the steering wheel and the bluetooth answers. Only use the touch screen if you need to take the call private on your phone.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm interested in this answer too. Also along these lines, do you use the voice command? It's frustrating...she is so inconsistent in ability to understand or give info.
Bibmura- if you use the internal Uvo voice command built into the car, it is very limited,it has to be certain car related, or simple phone commands. I always use the Google voice command in Android Auto, it has worked about flawlessly to ask to call any person in contacts by name, or send a message. Also to request any song or artist, or album, or type of music. I have the Google Play music app. Also weather, sports score, etc. It's identical to the Google assistant(search) on your home computer.
I have not used the USB with a memory stick yet. As far as audio books, I downloaded an audiobook app from downloads for AA. So I'll check how that works.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, I have been connecting my phone (a google pixel) with a USB.... and when I push the "voice" button on the steering wheel, the voice is different than the one that responds when I'm NOT connected with just bluetooth. But as I said, it's really REALLY hit and miss when I do that. I wish I could program some ground rules... Like If I say to TEXT someone,, can we assume that I mean to text their cell number and not their home number? She often asks me. AND, when I say to text Mary SMITH, for example, can we assume I mean Mary SMITH and not some other Mary that I haven't texted, called, or thought about in about a decade? Sometimes, she gets it right, but often, she asks these questions. And then, often, when I dictate a message and she asks, "Do you want to send or change this message," and I say, "SEND," she'll say OK but then often get stuck and it never gets sent but just spins the little icon. Same with the maps. I'll say, "Give me directions to XXX business" or "work" or something...and she'll say, "XYZ business is 20 minutes away in light traffic" (or whatever" but then never bring up a map or directions. Same with if I say, "Call Bob Jones." She'll say, "OK calling Bob Jones..." and then often that's the end and the call isn't made. I mean, when it works it's a beautiful thing...but it's just so maddeningly randomly inconsistent. Am I the onl one? I googled this problem and didn't come up wtih much...so I'm thinking it's me. I did uninstall Android Auto from my phone and reinstalled it. That helped a little but it's getting worse again. It's like having a really unreliable office receptionist.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, is there any way to increase the size of MyMusic? I don't even understand the 700MB size. what is that? what sort of device has 700MB nowadays? The little USB drives have 1TB now! I am really puzzled by that odd size.

Anyways, any way I can add/replace with a bigger memory?

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts