Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. we just picked up our PHEV EX in MA. After a lot of back and forth with multiple dealers we got our EX for $29,395, just over $3k off MSRP.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey nice work there! I got the same car in MA for 29900 back in May. We still love it, best car I've owned. My state rebate was approved a few weeks ago, still waiting on the check.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats on the new car! With the fully electric model on the horizon, I'm surprised that dealers are being so stingy with the PHEV's pricing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congrats on the new car! With the fully electric model on the horizon, I'm surprised that dealers are being so stingy with the PHEV's pricing.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say because there's only a couple hundred in the whole US. There are 755 Kia dealers and about 300 Niro PHEV (most still in transit to dealers) in the entire country and over 1/3 of those cars are in California at the 70 California dealers. The other 680 or so have a grand total of under 200 Niro PHEVs. Why would they discount them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I purchased my Niro PHEV five weeks ago from a dealership in western Washington state. I found out quickly that any plans I had of getting a "deal" were unrealistic. I went through all the new car websites establishing my pricing criteria for any dealer to get my business. Not one of them would go less than invoice. It also didn't help that I only wanted a black Niro EX with charcoal interior, but I doubt anything would have changed because of the low supply. I found one dealership that had it in stock and I jumped on it. I'm glad I did. Up to weeks later I still had other dealers contacting me and telling me they'd like to sell me a Niro PHEV and that they "expected to get some in soon". I have no regrets so far - love this car - drive only on electric but I'm making a trip outside our rural community this week and I'll be using gas for the first time since driving it home from the dealership. If you want the PHEV like I did - get the best deal you can and buy it. Otherwise you'll probably have a better chance getting a deal on a Niro HEV - at least that was my experience.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Does WA have it's own state credit on PHEVs? If so, that may make WA dealers less likely to negotiate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The state had a sales tax exemption in place but it required electric vehicles to achieve a range of at least 30 miles so the Niro PHEV wouldn't have qualified anyway. On the plus side, the state charges an annual fee of $150 to those vehicles that achieve a minimum range of 30 miles, so Niro PHEV owners in WA avoid this annual fee.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The state had a sales tax exemption in place but it required electric vehicles to achieve a range of at least 30 miles so the Niro PHEV wouldn't have qualified anyway. On the plus side, the state charges an annual fee of $150 to those vehicles that achieve a minimum range of 30 miles, so Niro PHEV owners in WA avoid this annual fee.
Hmmm,I am in WA state and did not know about thw $150 fee...boy they try to get you anyway they can...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts