Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used 2018 PHEV EX w/7300 miles in KC. One of about three in the US. Didn't get a new one because I couldn't use the tax credit, and didn't want to lease. Nice car, fairly steep learning curve coming out of a 2015 Soul (great car).
Found out the stock tires really suck in Minnesota snow- have a new set of Hankook winter tires coming today. I'll put the summer tires on Optima Hybrid rims.

More later.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Congrats on your new Niro. Welcome to the brave new world of PHEVs & the very helpful Niro Forum.
I hope to be purchasing a Niro PHEV in a couple of months myself so I am trying to learn as much as possible about life with a PHEV before buying. We look forward to hearing more about your transitioning from Soul (Kia's best ICE car to date IMO). There are lots of folks here who are happy to help you in your transition.

·
Super Moderator
589 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I played a little in the snow last week with stock tires, best handling of any car I've ever owned. I'm too far south to need snow tires.

·
Super Moderator
589 Posts
I played a little in the snow last week with stock tires, best handling of any car I've ever owned. I'm too far south to need snow tires.
Imagine yourself in snow tires.! ;)

·
Super Moderator
551 Posts
I imagine someone buying me snow tires all the time, but it does little towards reality sadly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts