Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Korean TV drama "While You Were Sleeping" that has a lot of KIA product placement, it seems every car is a KIA. In Episode 7 , at 32:26 is when you first see a KIA Niro. Two characters use it to go to the store, and you can see them coming back from the store later. It can be watched at viki.com , right now it is in the Viki Pass section but in a few days it will be open for anyone to view.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I forgot to mention - it's white with roof rails and a sun roof, so that means it's either an EX with the Tech Package or it's the Touring.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Isn't that site for korean drama? I assume if Kia is posting it on a site like that they'll make it available on youtube too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is. I think the show has a sponsorship with KIA. They have even featured the Stinger in at least two episodes. They ought to make a YouTube video showing all the KIAs in the show.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As I know it's a common thing for the Asian region. Moreover, Japanese anime makers use some of the iconic Toyota and Nissan, as well as concept models, which weren't even launched for production.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Same for Hollywood movies like the Ford Bronco that's going to be in some movie with The Rock. Product placement is normal and pretty prevalent though the badger is based one what kind of image they're tring to sell. I've seen Asian movies with Mercedes and BMW as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same for Hollywood movies like the Ford Bronco that's going to be in some movie with The Rock. Product placement is normal and pretty prevalent though the badger is based one what kind of image they're tring to sell. I've seen Asian movies with Mercedes and BMW as well.
Marketing is everywhere indeed. It has a great impact on a younger target market of carmakers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts