Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Niro PEHV a little over a week, but twice now it has beeped several times while stopped at the car in front of me and the dash either blinks yellow or red. First time was driving it home from the dealer in traffic with stoplights. I would pull behind a vehicle, stop, and then it would beep on and off when stopped until I got to the interstate. Second time was today in the drive through line at Chick-fil-A. It didn't like the car in front of me for reason and would beep a few times while stopped, we would both move forward a little, stop, beep some more. All while flashing the yellow or red warning light for a collision.

I've been in similar situations with this car and it has been silent, but for some reason, decided to misbehave those two times.

Anyone else experience something similar?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Should have done a search before posting. Looks like others have had a similar issue. Will need to try hitting the parking sensor if it starts misbehaving again.

https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/242-features-equipment/7779-senors-triggered-no-reason.html
I've noticed that particular models cause sensor issues in traffic. For me, Jeeps and Volvos seem to be the prime offenders. My guess is they use similar sensors and it's an interference issue. It usually doesn't bother me but when it does I just hit the button.

Of course, then I have to remember that I turned it off before running into the back of the garage when I get home. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts