Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time of the year when 2019 models are released is fast approaching and I'm surprised I have not heard anything about the refreshed PHEV model. We all know theres an upcoming EV morel, but will there really be no upgraded PHEV? Anyone heard anything? I would hate to buy my Niro only to have the new models come out weeks later..

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't think there have been any solid confirmations on a release date for the 2019 PHEV, but most sources seem to think it wont arrive until early next year. I doubt that there will be any significant improvements with the 2019MY.

·
Registered
40 Posts
With this being a new model, most likely minimal upgrades/changes. The focus will be on the all electric EV model. Small changes may be made with external color choices, wheel covers or upholstery...no body changes, or major motor/battery changes will happen....not for a few years.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah the 2019 PHEV information is finally available for the US in Kia's website.
At a quick glance it seems like they are offering a new exterior color (red) and they are also offering a sunroof package for the top EX Premium trim.
Not sure what else is different, MSRP seems to be the same or very close to 2018.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts