Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I bought a set of racks from Amazon, but I’m not super happy with them. They make a lot of rubbing and grinding noises in addition to the road noise.
I’m wondering if anyone has purchased the suggested racks for the Niro, part no.G5F21-AC000? I can’t find any reviews online for them, hoping someone can share their thoughts on it.
Thanks for your consideration and stay safe!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey everyone,

I bought a set of racks from Amazon, but I’m not super happy with them. They make a lot of rubbing and grinding noises in addition to the road noise.
I’m wondering if anyone has purchased the suggested racks for the Niro, part no.G5F21-AC000? I can’t find any reviews online for them, hoping someone can share their thoughts on it.
Thanks for your consideration and stay safe!
I bought the roof rack for the Niro, part no. G5211-ADX00AL, and am very happy with it. No rubbing or grinding noises. I added the kayak attachment as well.
Font Screenshot Technology Web page Software

·
Registered
2021 Niro Hybrid LX
46 Posts
I got a set of the ones when the company was on here looking for testers, but I haven't had the chance to install them yet. I'll try to update how they are when I finally get around to installing them. They look and feel pretty good, but install and use will determine how they really are.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,002 Posts
@RedGeminiPA Before posting anything publicly, make sure if the manufacturer wants your comments back to them privately. Usually when a company provides something for free for testing, they don't want it discussed publicly before they hear it from you. Make sure there isn't an NDA that applies.

·
Registered
2021 Niro Hybrid LX
46 Posts
@RedGeminiPA Before posting anything publicly, make sure if the manufacturer wants your comments back to them privately. Usually when a company provides something for free for testing, they don't want it discussed publicly before they hear it from you. Make sure there isn't an NDA that applies.
There isn't. There's a forum post here asking for feedback and videos.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,002 Posts
That forum post doesn't mention anything about posting online. Yes, they did ask for installation picture and comments, but normally I would expect that to be sent directly to the manufacturer, not posted in public forums. But if they didn't include any such instructions with the product you received, and didn't ask you anything specific in a private email, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2021 Niro Hybrid LX
46 Posts
At this point, the manufacturer is offering them for sale with a discount for forum members. There's no longer any possible secrecy about the performance of them, since they're available to the general public now. Even if the company did have an NDA for the testing (they didn't), how long is that supposed to last? I'd say any product now available to the general public is fair game for any praise or scrutiny, even if supplied by the manufacturer as a testing promotion. I've been in industries that require NDAs, and I'm well aware of consequences for breaking the agreements. There was no such wording, publicly or privately, that mentioned anything related to an NDA. That's another reason I mentioned it here.

I was just informing the OP that another option is available, and according to one of the members here who did the install and videos, they look promising.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I too was a part of the free roof bars on here. I’ve had them on for about 2 weeks now and can safely say that there is VERY little wind noise, even at high speed. How high? Well, a couple of days ago I was heading south into a stiff 20 mph headwind, with my cruise control set to 90 mph(speed limit 85!!). So with 110 mph of wind, there was very little noise. Zero whistle, zero moans, just a small wind buffeting noise which is expected at those speeds!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts