Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few dealerships I called around to said they have a Niro, but it has not sticker of VIN on it.
I thought, wow, how strange is that? Makes no sense. Somebody here in the forums said the
same thing.

Then I realizde when I went to my first dealer, they had one on the floor that was dead, and they
said it was an early prototype from Kia and needs to go back to KIA - does not drive. I am wondering
if a bunch of dealerships got these. So be careful. They told me the battery was 100% dead and
we could not drive it, but not sure if others are the same way. I don't know how they could sell
them like this if at all, but I wouldn't put it past them.

I deal in NYC was read to sell me one, but said had no sticker and they were trying to get it.
Sounds fishy, but more likely the sales person had no clue about what it was.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Before the Niro was released Kia sent a number of dealerships Niros so the public could see them. They don't have VINs, they are basically samples so people could see them, sit in them, etc., but they can't be driven.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No vin

Midtown Kia in Tulsa has one with no VIN. Paperwork in the dash was a GOVT. authorization to display but that it was illegal to be driven on the highway. It is a white with technology package however there is no battery so it was impossible to see dash, NAV, etc. I special ordered one from Korea and ow have a Ser. No. and an expected arrival date of March 23rd. Looking forward to seeing it. The dealer took my Cadillac SRX on trade and provided an Optima Hybrid as a loaner. First drive of a Hybrid. Love the Optima and expect to love the Niro better.:):)

·
Registered
19 Posts
The promotional Niro's also showed Chrome Handles on all 4 doors, which I really liked, which are not on all trim of the current Niro. Also the Leather seat and back had a nice design on it, but the current also does not. Have no idea why Kia would show a sample that had fairly big difference from their current product.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep exactly as you say, and one dealership sales person I had called wanted to sell this to me!
He told me we're waiting on the paperwork from Kia but I am sure that sale would not go anywhere.
And it purposely does not have a VIN because it's not a legal vehicle and can't be sold.

Before the Niro was released Kia sent a number of dealerships Niros so the public could see them. They don't have VINs, they are basically samples so people could see them, sit in them, etc., but they can't be driven.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts