Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are some odd rules to this site that I've never seen before besides the whole no PM before 15posts.

You can't use any links in your posts or replies until some unknown number of posts as well. It seems very.... odd and random

·
Registered
386 Posts
There are some odd rules to this site that I've never seen before besides the whole no PM before 15posts.

You can't use any links in your posts or replies until some unknown number of posts as well. It seems very.... odd and random
Eh, some sort of limit before posting links and sending PMs makes sense as a way to prevent spammers from creating accounts and bombarding the board and members with ads and scammy links. It would be nice to have those limits prominently posted somewhere so that people are more aware of them, but other than that I think they do more good than harm. 5 posts is a pretty low bar I think, figure 1 intro post + a couple replies and a few comments in random threads and you're good to go. More work than your average spam farm drone is willing to do but not so much for someone with even casual interest.

FWIW pretty much every forum I've ever been a part of has either a minimum post requirement to access various features or a much more complicated account verification procedure. Both are perfectly cromulent ways of reducing spam and related nuisances.

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts

It's actually quite common. I moderate another forum that doesn't have those restrictions, and while I might go a couple of weeks without a spam post, so far the past few days I've probably had to ban and delete about a dozen. They seem to come in spurts. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts