Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 EX with 32,000 miles on it and I have just started to notice an occasional issue when I am driving above 50 mph. When driving straight down the road and trying to make minor left/right adjustments to keep it between the lines, the steering wheel feels like it is "notchy" . Being that I have to use extra force to get it off of the center position and thus when you do, it over steers just a bit. Once again this has happened only occasionally when driving in a straight line over 50 mph.
Just wondering if anyone else has felt this.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Nope, not here. I know what causes that on a bicycle, no idea about a car. Under warranty, take it in!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wheels out of alignment? Worn ball joints in the steering? I had both problems with a Honda CRV with only 40,000 miles on the clock. One ball joint had worn the other was still perfect (at 98,000 miles) when I traded it in for the Niro

·
Registered
227 Posts
That has not happened to me, but sounds like it could be component in steering linkage, or tires/alignment. Hard to tell, but nice to know steering parts are covered for 5yr/60k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts