Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What have been the average time for the car to be delivered after ordering for you?

Have been waiting for two months and no news yet in Quebec, Canada. So far the only ones you can find around or in the dealers are the normal hybrids.

·
Super Moderator
463 Posts
Hi,

What have been the average time for the car to be delivered after ordering for you?

Have been waiting for two months and no news yet in Quebec, Canada. So far the only ones you can find around or in the dealers are the normal hybrids.
Salut, For the delivery time for Quebec owners, it can depends on alots of factors.. The version and the color choice when ordered. The more you give, the better chance you get it sooner.!

If you made the order in the last days of may, the next batch should get here in August. Usualy, it could take up to 3 months for the dealer to get it!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was lucky and found the exact PHEV EX Premium I wanted at a dealer 3 hours away. Sometimes you have to trek a little ways to get what you want. Have you looked at other dealers within 250 miles to see if any of them have it in stock? Some out of state dealers will even deliver the car to you if they need the sale bad enough.

·
Super Moderator
463 Posts
I was lucky and found the exact PHEV EX Premium I wanted at a dealer 3 hours away. Sometimes you have to trek a little ways to get what you want. Have you looked at other dealers within 250 miles to see if any of them have it in stock? Some out of state dealers will even deliver the car to you if they need the sale bad enough.
That's cool!. but our reality in Canada, and more in Qc, is that all PHEV and EV's Niro that comes in the dealerslhip for the rest of the year of 2019, is already reserved from an order with down payment (500$ to 1000$). So for now, the only way to find a quick sale for these 2 models, are if the person that has made the order, cancelled it! It's very rare, but it can happen.!:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I realize you are in Canada and your situation is probably different than in the US.
My experience buying a Niro PHEV was our local dealer would not order or even entertain the idea of selling us a PHEV.
We went on Edmonds Auto New car Buying Service and posted the exact Model of Niro PHEV we wanted. Within 1 day I had 5 offers from Dealers wanting to sell us the model we wanted - all of them bidding against each other to get our business. One dealer from Atlanta Georgia offered to ship the vehicle we wanted to us for a fee of $385 ( over 500 miles from us). We ended up walking into a dealer 65 miles from us who bid on our business and buying the car from them exactly at the all inclusive price that he had bid to get our business.

This turned out to be a positive experience for us. I will never again be held hostage by a dealer trying to get me to buy a model they have and want to sell to me. From now on I will be in charge and use a car buying service and the dealers can contact me bidding against each other to supply me the vehicle I want.

Good luck on your car buying- The Niro is a great vehicle and worth the wait!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts