Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am in the process of ordering a 2017 launch edition Niro with 18k miles (Touring, although I understand the launch edition is more or less an EX). I test drove an LX at a local Carmax and really liked the way it handled. Unfortunately, I totaled my 2015 Prius V five at 88k miles a little over a week ago. I work in home and community health, so I drive sometimes hundreds of miles a week, so MPG is essential for me. I really wanted something with more room for the family, but I am thrilled that the Niro has rear AC vents, which honestly is a huge perk over the Prius V. Anyone else gone from a Prius V to the Niro with kiddos? Per Edmunds, the Niro actually has more rear leg room. I'm super excited. :)

-Cristina in Texas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I am super bummed the EV models are not easy to come by in Texas. I will owe about the same on this Niro as I did on the Prius after total loss check etc

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
That model will likely get similar or slightly better mpg than the Prius V. However, if you really want to be happy, swap out the 18" wheels for the 16" with eco tires. That is good for 10 to 20% better efficiency. Something similar to going from the Prius V to the liftback.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That model will likely get similar or slightly better mpg than the Prius V. However, if you really want to be happy, swap out the 18" wheels for the 16" with eco tires. That is good for 10 to 20% better efficiency. Something similar to going from the Prius V to the liftback.
Ah good point, wonder how different that looks aesthetically?

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Personally, I think it looks better. Also, reduced noise level, better comfort. You will lose a bit in the handling dept but if you care about that, perhaps a sports car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Prius V Five was the car I almost got. But they are hard to find since they aren't making them anymore, and I decided I really wanted the smart cruise control. I've had my PHEV EX Premium since the end of Jan and I love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts