Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 months and 8,000 miles really no real issues to speak of until this morning. I get into my Niro to go to work and the passenger seat belt warning ding goes off and won't stop. There is nothing in the passenger seat so there is no way to fix it unless I have a 50+ lb ghost sitting there. I had to buckle the seat belt to get rid of the ding. Guess I will be calling the dealership....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Keep us posted on what the dealer ends up doing but for now you can try yanking the fuse so it won't bother you.

Hopefully you won't have any more issues going forward.

Which dealer are you with?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can this alarm/buzzer be disconnected? We have a long driveway and don't necessarily buckle up when we pick up the mail on our back road.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can this alarm/buzzer be disconnected? We have a long driveway and don't necessarily buckle up when we pick up the mail on our back road.
Only fix is to buckle the belts behind you before sitting down. My 2012 Optima has a much less annoying reminder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 1 1/2 year old PHEV is also sounding inappropriate seat belt warnings each time I enter. Are dealers able to repair this under warranty? Any new suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts