Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few have reported achieving PHEV battery range of mid 30s, with a spec of 26miles.

I finally achieved near that range last night. Driving a 31 mile course (according to Google maps) with 4 mi range remaining. So I figure 31 + 3 = 34mi.

The mpg limiting factor is speed. I stayed under 55MPH on this test.

·
Registered
917 Posts
A few have reported achieving PHEV battery range of mid 30s, with a spec of 26miles.

I finally achieved near that range last night. Driving a 31 mile course (according to Google maps) with 4 mi range remaining. So I figure 31 + 3 = 34mi.

The mpg limiting factor is speed. I stayed under 55MPH on this test.
A while back Mike(?} the Kia guy reported that he got ~40 miles on a flat track at a slow steady speed, 30mph maybe? Obviously not a realistic scenario but shows what's possible. I've definitely hit 30+ several times, but usually I fairly close to the 26 mile predicted range.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,854 Posts
I hit 34 real world last summer, and the HVAC was even on. It did include climbing the rest of the way up my hill, then a long downhill that regained several miles. But still, even discounting the regen from the hill, it was still 30+ miles. This was a mostly flat, winding road with speeds from 25-45 MPH. No freeway at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
In the fall I made 2 round trips to work and back (I forgot to charge) 52 km (32) miles. and arrived home with 1km still showing on the gauge I live in a hilly area so there are climbs and descents. I've since changed my route to take added downhill routes into account so may better that this year. Over the last few weeks now I can turn the temp off the car has only been charging to 41km range over 42 I was getting initially. I'm hoping this is down to charging overnight in a cool garage as it's charging to 100%.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am very new to the Niro PHEV. I picked mine up this past Saturday from the dealer. I have driven to work twice since then. Both times I started out with 100% battery level. With A/C running, I was able to reach my place of work which is 31 miles from my home. It says there is 1 mile range remaining when I arrive at my work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also forgot to add, This trip to the office is mostly interstate, but some stop and go due to heavy traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts