Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2nd day of ownership..decided to test out the EV only mode of my plug in Niro..Pleasantly Surprised

I love technology,
But not as much as you, you see...
But I STILL love technology,
Always and forever....馃幎...馃幎 (couldnt resist)

I am Loving this plug-in hybrid so far.....A 31 mile round trip this morning all on electric only (no gas used) 1/2 city driving 1/2 freeway..Pretty impressed for at least the two days we have owned it...;) Time will tell !
2018 Niro PHEV (EX model)
Mike WA state.

Attachments

Registered
2nd day of ownership..decided to test out the EV only mode of my plug in Niro..Pleasantly Surprised

I love technology,
But not as much as you, you see...
But I STILL love technology,
Always and forever....��...�� (couldnt resist)

I am Loving this plug-in hybrid so far.....A 31 mile round trip this morning all on electric only (no gas used) 1/2 city driving 1/2 freeway..Pretty impressed for at least the two days we have owned it...;) Time will tell !
2018 Niro PHEV (EX model)
Mike WA state.
And you still have 6mi EV range left.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Todays test Niro PHEV ...all city miles (normal speeds) until battery ran out and HEV mode kicked in.. 42 miles...as a new owner I am pretty impressed. Probably will not be average but I like!

Mike

WA State 2018 Niro PHEV

Attachments

Registered
Just did my first work trip (30 miles). 70% c 30% highway-ish (not a highway but going 50 ish MPH).

My battery showed 25 miles at 100% (what is yours btw)?

Got to the parking lot with 3-4 miles remaining on the battery.

Registered
What i do not understand, is that you guys in the USA has 42 miles at a full charge (68 km) and all we get in canada is 42km (26 miles).??
I had this issue when comparing miles (US vs UK) which came up to be different miles range.

Registered
What i do not understand, is that you guys in the USA has 42 miles at a full charge (68 km) and all we get in canada is 42km (26 miles).??
My 2019 US Niro PHEV's battery range indicator only shows 26 miles of EV range at full charge, which is consistent with the owner's manual and all promotional information. Safari/Mike is claiming that the Niro PHEV can get 42 miles on EV-only?? I'd love for that to be true, but I don't believe it. I live in Washington state (same as S/M) and in my month of ownership have never gotten over 28 miles of EV range - and I drive VERY economically.

Super Moderator
People are confusing miles and kilometers. The PHEV doesn't get a 42 mile rating in any country. It gets a 26 mile rating in every country (which is 42 kilometers)

So, i am not that lost.! LOL ;)

Unless Safari has downhilled Mt. St-Helen's, but the pictures that was posted in the initial post tell's it.! :|

1 - 9 of 9 Posts