Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had the plug in door fall off. Just the body colored part fell off as my wife opened it. It appears that nothing broke, it must be clipped on some way. I'm hesitant to take it to the local dealer until I know more about it. Lets just say I don't have a lot of confidence in dealers, I've been bitten regularly.

I'll have a look in the daylight and, unless someone has a better suggestion try clipping it back on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Same happened to me. I walked by and it snagged on my shirt, popped the cover off.

It just clips back on. I forget how, precisely, but when I looked at the back of the panel, it made sense at the time, and was pretty easy. I wouldn't bother taking it to the dealer unless you really can't figure out how to snap it back on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really easy fix. The door aligns with the black hinged part and goes in about 1/4 inch. Slide it forward about 1/3 inch and it locks in place with a satisfying click. It was not obvious to me just looking at the two parts but the slight bend due to the wheel arch makes orientation easy and once it slips into place, it wI'll only move one way until it locks into place.

Note to self.....educate wife....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts