Kia Niro Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Dovidan,

My Niro PHEV has about 4700miles on it. I took it to the dealer yesterday because the check engine light came on because there was something wrong with the "Engine Control System". The code for that was P030400 (I think) and that means that the 4th cylinder misfired. While it was in there the service advisor said that there was a recall on the electric water pump for my car. I told him that mine was already changed but he thinks he still has to do it. So there is an official recall on those electric water pumps.

My car will be in the shop for a couple more days at least. FML. That would make it 24 days that the car was in the shop since I bought it earlier this year. A brand new car shouldn't be in the shop for warranty repair for 24 days when the car doesn't even have 5000 miles on it.

Buyers remorse is so real right now. :(
An update on this latest visit to KIA service: they replaced all 4 spark plugs and it's been fine since. I still don't feel like I can trust this car to last 10 years.

I must have complained enough to KIA because they offered to replace my car with another new KIA, refund the purchase price for the car minus mileage, or give me a few thousand dollars in exchange for signing a nondisclosure agreement plus settling all past claims. One more issue and my car might qualify as a lemon. If they buy the car back now, they can resell it easily before it becomes a lemon. If they pay for my silence, it will probably not become a lemon because the old issues probably won't count as part of the lemon law. I am not a lawyer and your mileage may differ. But if your buyers' remorse is as strong as mine, you might be able to get a replacement car, etc before the car becomes an official lemon. I'm not choosing option #1. Never want to own a KIA ever again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Lucy: I'm glad your back up running. I can understand your lack of trust for the long haul.
How long did it take them to figure out that the spark plugs needed replacement?
Perhaps the spark plugs in the Niro PHEV engine are a special item but I would thing they are regular garden variety ones. If so, it seems like they are a really an odd ball thing to fail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lucy: I'm glad your back up running. I can understand your lack of trust for the long haul.
How long did it take them to figure out that the spark plugs needed replacement?
Perhaps the spark plugs in the Niro PHEV engine are a special item but I would thing they are regular garden variety ones. If so, it seems like they are a really an odd ball thing to fail.
I don't think it took long for them to figure out but they kept the car for a couple days to see if the problem came back. I don't know if the spark plugs were special or not but I'm glad it didn't take 3 weeks to get the parts this time.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts