Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!
Until 2 weeks ago, I hadn't even heard of the Niro! After reading one review I fell in love. LOL
So far, not only have I researched online, but I've also test driven a 2020 FE model.
It was quite disappointing that the brochures at the dealership didn't compare models,
but focused mainly on aesthetics.
Had to ask the dealership manager for the engine size, he said "oh, it's a large 2.0", um okay.
The kia website had some of the information of which I was searching, but it's all "drop down"
Menus, and nigh unto impossible to copy it into a spreadsheet.
Even though I am a total nerd, the whole EV is a new world to me, and it's like learning
A whole new language!!! LOL
Is there a link ya'll could share that would take me to "stats for nerds?"
Hoping to not have to reinvent the wheel.
And really leaning towards this huge investment (it can cost more than my annual salary
So this research is a must)
Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Which version are you looking at the hybrid, plug-in hybrid or battery only? I'm a nerd so I had to have the plug in hybrid, which I'm glad I got. I like driving to work and back on electricity only, 42 km's round trip.

Edit: look at page 13 for the "under" the hood info. This is for the hybrid and plug in hybrid only.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
For a sales team, color is far more important than torque numbers. For nerds, read reviews! Lots of print and video reviews, often with info direct from engineer manufacturer reps with insight into design decisions.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Consider the plug-in hybrid instead of the regular hybrid. The upfront cost is more but the fed tax credit brings it down in line with the cost of the hybrid LX trim. Another option is to lease. The plug-in hybrid can be had for $249/mo nationally. Compare that to whatever your finance payment is for the regular hybrid.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We are having transmission problems. When I started looking into it, it became obvious that this was a larger problem. Kia seems to have more problems with their Forte, but the Niro is not uncommon. The double clutch system seems to pulse in and out of different gears when cruising at a steady speed. We are in the long process of dealing with Kia Canada to repair the car. We own two Kias and will likely not buy another again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts