Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Retailers of spreader bars aren't showing PHEV's in the list of compatible models. I called them but as usual all you get is a Marketing Guy who knows much less than any consumer about the product.
The job is to make the sale and lie if necessary.
The products specs are dumbed down and don't have engineering diagrams...especially of the attachment profile to the Niro rails.

Can anyone confirm that spreader bars for a non plugin Niro will fit a PHEV Niro?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the spreader bars are the bars that attach to the Niro roof rails..they span or spread orthogonal to the rails.
The rails look identical on all Niro models but some makers of the attachment bars list all Niro models as compatible except the PHEV and won't allow an order if PHEV is specified saying it is incompatible.
Perhaps they don't know that Kia makes Niro PHEV's

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
That is probably it. They've never received specs for the PHEV and so cannot list compatibility. Virtually no chance the roof rails are different, but you can always ask your dealer to check the part numbers to be sure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I got mine no one had any roof rack options so I ordered a kit from Thule for the Sportage. Bars I ordered are 60" wide....they required modification to work but I often carry 2 boards side by side. Most of my trips to paddle board are 30 to 50 miles round trip and even with the board up there I'm getting 42mpg! I'm impressed!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts