Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
As soon as I get my new Niro, I'm putting my NIN sticker on the back!!! I wish the car already had the new logo design on it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I noticed this logo while watching the Australian Open tennis tournament but had no idea what it was. I thought maybe it said “KM”

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,461 Posts
Yeah, once you know what it is, you see it. But without knowing it's the Kia logo, it doesn't really pop out at you.

·
Super Moderator
1,461 Posts
Ok I'm 65 throw me a bone what's that mean ?
It's the band Nine Inch Nails. Other than knowing the name and the logo, I have no idea what they are, and most likely wouldn't care. I'm over 66 :p

·
Registered
2020 Niro PHEV LXS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trent Reznor Won an Oscar for the Social Network Score. Also a Grammy for the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.

Pretty Hate Machine, his debut 1989 album, under the band name Nine inch Nails, is the roots album for most modern Techno, Industrial, and Electronica. Its massively influential.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the help , I know the name and have heard some of their stuff on Sirius. I'll check them out I will diversify I will move on from classic vinyl and first wave .

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's the band Nine Inch Nails. Other than knowing the name and the logo, I have no idea what they are, and most likely wouldn't care. I'm over 66 :p
If you're a Johny Cash fan...
From Wiki; "Hurt" is a song by American industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails from their second studio album, The Downward Spiral (1994), written by Trent Reznor. It was released on April 17, 1995 as a promotional single from the album. The song received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rock Song in 1996.
In 2002, Johnny Cash covered "Hurt" to commercial and critical acclaim. The related music video is considered one of the greatest of all time by publications such as NME. Reznor praised Cash's interpretation of the song for its "sincerity and meaning", going so far as to say "that song isn't mine anymore."[3] TR hit the nail on the head. It was massive. Cheers. Watch Cash's vid, It will bring you to tears.

·
Super Moderator
1,461 Posts
Yep, Johnny Cash blew that song away, and I haven't even seen the video. I'm more Led Zeppelin, Cream, Emerson Lake & Palmer, but absolutely Johnny Cash and some other country stars from that era.

·
Registered
2020 Niro PHEV LXS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm so glad to see people learn something about music from the stupidest of side reasons. I'm 41, so NIN was high school anger defined. NIN is not exactly easy listening.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer has a lot of roots electronica...see also,

Paul Okenfold's Tubular Bells
Wendy Carlos's Clockwork Orange OST

·
Registered
191 Posts
I played around with removing the “A” and mirroring the diagonal part of the. “K” and use that as the A to be more symmetrical but it didn’t really work because the right side would be missing the vertical bar at the end to balance out the one on the left.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you're a Johny Cash fan...
From Wiki; "Hurt" is a song by American industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails from their second studio album, The Downward Spiral (1994), written by Trent Reznor. It was released on April 17, 1995 as a promotional single from the album. The song received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rock Song in 1996.
In 2002, Johnny Cash covered "Hurt" to commercial and critical acclaim. The related music video is considered one of the greatest of all time by publications such as NME. Reznor praised Cash's interpretation of the song for its "sincerity and meaning", going so far as to say "that song isn't mine anymore."[3] TR hit the nail on the head. It was massive. Cheers. Watch Cash's vid, It will bring you to tears.
I've been a lifelong rock fan and also a Johnny Cash fan. When I first heard the song Hurt on the radio I was blown away and did a Google search. I read about that it was written by the Nine Inch Nails and then sort of forgot about it . I didn't make the connection so thanks for clearing that up. I'm happy with the old logo on our 19 but understand that younger people want new stuff like I once did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts