Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of the soon-to-be-sold Star Trek Prius. I was going to get a Prius V, but alas, they are no more, at least in the U.S. Research pointed me to the Niro. I found one the proper color (Starfleet white) with only 2300 miles.

I will keep you posted as she is brought up to Starfleet specifications.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Doc Willie, loved your presence on PC, hope you you got a great price for the Zang Hen.... I hope that's correct, welcome... any thoughts on a new Niro based shuttle craft? I have had my EX since last December, really love it. I have 0nly 6500 miles, but not a problem....
Looking forward to your posts!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you've decided on the Niro. Looking forward to seeing your space travel mods.

·
Registered
55 Posts
After owning Toyota Prius models for 12 years we ditched our Prius v and got the Niro Ex Premium PHEV. The Toyota Prius prime is horrid and the Rav 4 is a step backward in fuel economy. The Niro is way way beyond our initial expectations in every way. Ride comfort design economy roof rack seat comfort dashboard electronics layout. I'm perplexed as to why Toyota has driven away its loyal base with a star trek design for its only PHEV. Startrek is for the year 2300 and if Kia keeps focused on customer input and engineering like Toyota once did they will have me always as a future customer. The only thing Prius prime had going for it was availability in Florida ( maybe Scotty beams them in).
PHEV Niros are still a rare breed in Florida.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I miss my Prius V, wife and I were discussing the car today. Now i rather have my Sedona over the Prius V for room and the family, but the V is a great car...42ish MPG was awesome. Now the NIRO is an excellent Car, i went in cold looking and purchasing the car, not knowing much but ive been super happy and just rolled over 6k miles today. (purchased in june) Size wise, the V is much bigger, efficiency wise, the niro tops it.

welcome to the group and niro family!

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Prius V is 1 foot longer but it had no more passenger room. The loss with the Niro is cargo space with 4 or 5 passengers. If only 2 or 3 passengers the fold down rear seats give the Niro more than adequate space. The Prius V is no longer sold. We always sell our car the year the manufacturer discontinues making them. 2018 was the dump it year for the Prius V. Once it becomes widely known that a manufacturer is discontinuing production depreciation takes off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello everyone.
I drove a 2016 Prius Trim 3 for about 2 years and enjoyed it. However, I have always liked driving a higher vehicle so I looked into getting a hybrid SUV. I used to drive a RAV4 as well. At this point, I realized I need a crossover and found the Niro PHEV! So far, I am enjoying it despite a slightly lower MPG. The sport mode is pretty cool too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts