Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving and taking hands off wheels, car pulls quite noticeably to the left. It's already been aligned and balanced not 3 months ago. As for breaking elements, i feel it breaks fine... suspension wise, I dont hear noise to indicate broken bushings, bearings, nor wobble or play to think its a shock absorber. It feels fine excpet for it pulling like it wants to change lanes, always to the left.

One thing of notice is that the steering wheel was changed a year ago... it whined and whirred... but that's it.

Any other ideas before taking it to the dealership? I dont trust them much.

I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
80 Posts
When driving and taking hands off wheels, car pulls quite noticeably to the left. It's already been aligned and balanced not 3 months ago. As for breaking elements, i feel it breaks fine... suspension wise, I dont hear noise to indicate broken bushings, bearings, nor wobble or play to think its a shock absorber. It feels fine excpet for it pulling like it wants to change lanes, always to the left.

One thing of notice is that the steering wheel was changed a year ago... it whined and whirred... but that's it.

Any other ideas before taking it to the dealership? I dont trust them much.

I appreciate it.
I don't know the year of car and how many miles are on it.
Did it pull left before and immediately after the alignment was done 3 months ago?
First thing I would do is switch sides for the 2 front tires and then drive it.
If no difference, then get qualified person to check front brakes and if no problem, get an alignment check at another location.
Steering wheel change will have no effect unless they put it on slightly off centre (don't think that is possible) and you are moving slightly to the left on steering wheel to "centre" it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts