Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I will get my PHEV soon, and i have a question for the "full tank" meter in the dash cluster.!

Since i have a HEV model, when i full up my car, i have an estimated of 875 km (543 miles).. on a PHEV, what is the average miles (US) and KM (Europe) displayed!?

Thank you

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hello,

I will get my PHEV soon, and i have a question for the "full tank" meter in the dash cluster.!

Since i have a HEV model, when i full up my car, i have an estimated of 875 km (543 miles).. on a PHEV, what is the average miles (US) and KM (Europe) displayed!?

Thank you
Assuming I understand your question correctly, EV miles left, gas miles left, and combined miles left are all shown separately.

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming I understand your question correctly, EV miles left, gas miles left, and combined miles left are all shown separately.
Hi Charles,

Well it's more: when you full the tank, what is the number displayed for the remaning miles to empty..

it's just that i want to know if a HEV will display the same remaning mile than a PHEV.!

hope that helps.! ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Charles,

Well it's more: when you full the tank, what is the number displayed for the remaning miles to empty..

it's just that i want to know if a HEV will display the same remaning mile than a PHEV.!

hope that helps.! ;)
to first order gas miles remaining on phev will "match" hev mile remaining

·
Registered
249 Posts
When I filled my PHEV up this morning it said something like 475 miles remaining.
But I also think it says something different every time I fill up, I dunno, never paid that much attention to it. I always assumed it based the calculation off your historical gas mileage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My ev range always shows 26 miles, but i think my gas range has increased since I got the car in May. It now shows 599 miles of gas engine range after a fill up + 26 ev after a full charge for a total range of 625 miles

Hello,

Thank you

·
Registered
397 Posts
My ev range always shows 26 miles, but i think my gas range has increased since I got the car in May. It now shows 599 miles of gas engine range after a fill up + 26 ev after a full charge for a total range of 625 miles
since may your average mpg has improved so the computer uses the latter better number to calculate range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been noticing my gas tank showing less and less with each fill up. When I first bought it, a full tank of gas would come up to 504 miles + the 26 from the battery = 530. This was consistent for about 2 weeks. Now after 3 months and 5200 miles, my full tank fill ups are around 475 miles + the 26. I thought it might have something to do with the sensors at the gas stations, but I've tried many different stations all with similar results.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The estimate is partly based on your actual driving history. Doesn't matter, it is an estimate. Until I get to around 100 miles from empty, my estimate is not accurate. Usually starts off at 570, my usual range on a tank is 620 to 670. Got over 700 once. Not a PHEV so that doesn't affect anything. Nor is your estimate accurate as it has no idea how often you will recharge. You could get several thousand miles on one tank of gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts