Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi community,

Just bought a new red Niro and was hoping I could ask about anyone's experience so far with the roof cargo box. Any reply is super appreciated!

1) Is a stool/ladder needed to load the cargo box? Either with mounting the cargo box or just throwing stuff in it?

2) Do you mount the cargo box from the side of the car or do you throw it over while standing near the rear?

3) Does the Niro feel different driving it with the cargo box?

5) Do you think the roof racks need to be removed before a carwash?

6) Do you have to pack the cargo box tightly so that stuff doesn't shuffle around too much during driving?

7) Does the rear trunk door open just fine with the cargo box mounted?

8) Is there a noticeable drop in MPG while driving with the cargo box mounted?

Thanks!!!
-Manny

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not a cargo box I know, but a 14 foot long paddle board with Thule roof racks. My mileage runs 40 - 42mpg with the air on all the time, on the hi way it's probably closer to 35-37mpg.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not a cargo box I know, but a 14 foot long paddle board with Thule roof racks. My mileage runs 40 - 42mpg with the air on all the time, on the hi way it's probably closer to 35-37mpg.
Do you by any chance feel any drag? I heard with setups like that you might feel the wind resistance, since it isn't really the most aerodynamic thing to have on your car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do you by any chance feel any drag? I heard with setups like that you might feel the wind resistance, since it isn't really the most aerodynamic thing to have on your car.
Well, that's a good question....I have driven in 20 - 30mph winds, but I can't say I noticed any more swaying or buffeting like I have on other vehicles.....I find it amazing I can do 25mph cloverleafs at 40 with no effort. That being said....The Niro is NOT great pick up speed vehicle....especially with stuff on the roof!:(

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts