Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CR survey released Nov 2021 has the 22 Niro EV second most reliable call overall. Kia reliability overall has dropped to 19th place, with transmissions being problematic.

Top 10
Lexus GX
Kia Niro EV
Toyota Prius Prime
Toyota Prius
Cadillac XT5
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Honda Insight
Toyota Highlander
Subaru Crosstrek
Mazda CX-9

·
Registered
138 Posts
CR survey released Nov 2021 has the 22 Niro EV second most reliable call overall. Kia reliability overall has dropped to 19th place, with transmissions being problematic.

Top 10
Lexus GX
Kia Niro EV
Toyota Prius Prime
Toyota Prius
Cadillac XT5
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Honda Insight
Toyota Highlander
Subaru Crosstrek
Mazda CX-9
Our 19 Niro Hev has been top notch for reliability . I used subscribe to Consumers Reports but got fed up with the way that organization was getting . IE I'm far from wealthy and they seemed at the time to be catering to higher end wealthier people .

·
Registered
296 Posts
Unfortunately, it is getting harder and harder to find unbiased information, regardless of the topic.

Consumer Reports have catered to what they think people want for many years. That’s why Bose consistently get good reviews. Ask any audiophile and they will tell you that for true, authentic music reproduction, Bose is horrible, even though most people like how they sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our 19 Niro Hev has been top notch for reliability . I used subscribe to Consumers Reports but got fed up with the way that organization was getting . IE I'm far from wealthy and they seemed at the time to be catering to higher end wealthier people .
Owner of 2019 Niro PHEV checking in. My transmission was replaced (fortunately under warranty) at 14000 miles. Other than that and a couple of minor factory service bulletins it’s been fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CR reliability reports are, as I understand it, based entirely on subscriber responses to questionnaires. Regardless of opinions on how they rate cars in general, reliability ratings should be free of editorial bias.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts