Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia needs to reprogram the radio so you can remove or delete individual preset stations instead of performing a factory reset of all the presets.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Kia needs to reprogram the radio so you can remove or delete individual preset stations instead of performing a factory reset of all the presets.
Agree 100%. My wife put a bunch of Sirius stations in the presets and then we didn't subscribe after the trial period. Having a bunch of worse than useless stations was really annoying. Rather than do a factory reset my solution was just to program our actual presets over the Sirius ones. This means my station list repeats but the effect of scrolling through them using the steering wheel button is correct. It's a super cheesy solution, but it works. :D

·
Registered
2017 Niro Touring
3 Posts
Agree 100%. My wife put a bunch of Sirius stations in the presets and then we didn't subscribe after the trial period. Having a bunch of worse than useless stations was really annoying. Rather than do a factory reset my solution was just to program our actual presets over the Sirius ones. This means my station list repeats but the effect of scrolling through them using the steering wheel button is correct. It's a super cheesy solution, but it works. :D
Can you please tell me how you did this? I just bought a 2017 Touring. Tried reset in steering wheel mode button and tried the reset button on dashboard. Neither works. It won’t reset. All the presets from previous owner are there. I’ve searched all over for a solution. Maybe I should go to my local dealership? Thanks!

·
Registered
707 Posts
I always thought you just manually dialed in the station you wanted and then held the button you want it on for awhile until it beeps and then your new station takes the place of the old station. I have to try it again to see if it works in the Niro....I thought it did?

·
Registered
2017 Niro Touring
3 Posts
I always thought you just manually dialed in the station you wanted and then held the button you want it on for awhile until it beeps and then your new station takes the place of the old station. I have to try it again to see if it works in the Niro....I thought it did?
Push the manual dial button in? I’ll try that. I tried pushing on the channel in the list, but that didn’t work either. I read on another forum there’s an SD card over the emergency flashers button that you can pull out for a reset, but I haven’t checked to see if my model has it, some don’t. Thanks for your response!

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,880 Posts
When I first got my '19 Niro, the radio presets worked that way. But an infotainment software update changed the behavior on my radio. Now, you have to tune the channel, then touch a star outline on the screen. This turns the star red and the channel is added to the presets. There was no longer any way to organize the presets, as they were listed sequentially. First the FM stations, ordered low to high by frequency. The the SXM stations, ordered by channel number. No way to change the order of any of them.

Note that this might be specific to the head unit that my '19 EX Premium had. Different head units and different model years might be different.

·
Registered
2017 Niro Touring
3 Posts
When I first got my '19 Niro, the radio presets worked that way. But an infotainment software update changed the behavior on my radio. Now, you have to tune the channel, then touch a star outline on the screen. This turns the star red and the channel is added to the presets. There was no longer any way to organize the presets, as they were listed sequentially. First the FM stations, ordered low to high by frequency. The the SXM stations, ordered by channel number. No way to change the order of any of them.

Note that this might be specific to the head unit that my '19 EX Premium had. Different head units and different model years might be different.
Thank you, I will try this today!

·
Registered
707 Posts

Oh...That stinks. I just tried it with my 2018 and it works the way I thought. Glad I don't get anything updated LOL. I subscribe to the GBillyG method....If it ain't broke don't fix it LOL.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Oh...That stinks. I just tried it with my 2018 and it works the way I thought. Glad I don't get anything updated LOL. I subscribe to the GBillyG method....If it ain't broke don't fix it LOL.
I actually vastly prefer the new style to the old. It always frustrated me that I couldn't simply delete a preset. Now I just uncheck the little star icon and "poof" it's gone. Plus, now there's no evident limit to the number of presets and they are always in station order, no need to worry about which preset is which. Want to add a station in between two existing presets? No problem, it slots in automatically. Super convenient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts