Kia Niro Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Didn't know the trim levels were not the same in different countries. I did note that some people mentioned they stepped up to the EX Premium trim, but in Canada the base PHEV is an EX Premium.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
For some reason, heated seats are not standard in Mexico! (not even in the US).

Yup, countries vary widely and many local variables are taken into account to different trim levels, standard features, and how cars are equipped with options.

·
Registered
917 Posts
For some reason, heated seats are not standard in Mexico! (not even in the US).

Yup, countries vary widely and many local variables are taken into account to different trim levels, standard features, and how cars are equipped with options.
Given the wide range of climates in the US that's not surprising. If you're in Florida, Arizona, Southern California etc heated seats are probably not a feature you care about so there's no point making them standard for cars sold in those places. Probably half of the USA consists of people who don't really see winter and so it makes sense to make them an option. Kia sold almost 600,000 vehicles in the US last year. If heated seats cost $10 per vehicle (WAG, could be much higher) and half don't want then that's $3 million bucks saved. Plus, you can upcharge the other 300,000 folks for the privilege of having them. Win-win! ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Adjusted mine as suggested in posts #23 & 25. Very easy. I turned driver's side down about 1 full turn & passenger 3/4 turn initially. No more flashes, but they seemed just a bit too low. So I readjusted drivers to 3/4 turns & passenger to 1/2 turn. Note: I have the beam a tad higher on passenger side.
Haven't had a chance to drive at nice since to see if I get flashed, but this is super easy!

Reactions: rcnesneg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice, easy fix (2019 Niro PHEV) - use an open-ended 12mm wrench as there's not much space to get anything else in there. Mine needed about 1.5 turns clockwise to bring them down. Definitely poorly adjusted from the factory as we just finished a trip up & down the Oregon coast and had probably 20% of oncoming traffic flashing at us.

·
Registered
'20 Niro EV EX Prem Leased
16 Posts
Just adjust your headlights! My favorite method is to drive at night and hold a finger at arms length. Say they are one thumb's width too high (While stopped in traffic they should be below the side mirrors of the car infront of you).

Now go home and park with the cutoff one thumb's width above a crack in a wall or garage door - and adjust them down until they hit the crack.

Honestly dealerships don't often adjust stuff like that right. The brand new subaru outbacks and the jeeps have the WORST LED headlights I've ever seen and they're all adjusted WAY too high from the factory...

Adjustment is quick and makes it better for everyone else out there. No point blinding people and pissing other drivers off/causing road rage.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts