Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just purchased a 2017 Niro EX with Tech Package in Silky Silver. This car is for my wife and it replaces our 2013 Prius V. We liked the Prius V. Lots of cargo space good economy and drove reasonable well. She originally was going to replace the V with another one until I discovered the Niro. We decided to go for the Niro because we liked it's driveability, seating, economy and price vs the Prius V. One issue we were concerned about was the cargo space. My wife did numerous measurements and felt the cargo space was similar with variations on layout. We had a Weathertech rear cargo tray that we kept from the Prius as my wife wanted me to see if I could fit it to the Niro. I was very suprised when the cargo tray fit nearly perfectly. The only trim I had to do was the back end by the bumber as the tray was about 2 1/2 inches too long. I also had to trim the side extensions behind the wheels as the shape was slightly different.

The attached photo of the Prius V Weathertec cargo tray in the Niro shows how remarkably similar the floors of the two vehicles are.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't had a chance to bring my rod or gun cases to the dealer to "test fit" what I usually carry in the Niro. They have to get one in stock first. Surprising how many SUV's, CUV's cannot stow a 4 ft long case inside with the hatch closed and out of sight.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I haven't had a chance to bring my rod or gun cases to the dealer to "test fit" what I usually carry in the Niro. They have to get one in stock first. Surprising how many SUV's, CUV's cannot stow a 4 ft long case inside with the hatch closed and out of sight.
Ask if you can borrow it for the day or half day since some dealers do that especially if you make it very clear you're serious about buying and not just trying to kill both their time and yours.

If that actually happens then let us know. There's a growing amount of dealers allowing day-long drives.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nice post on the Cargo Tray. Maybe look for one for ours. Black would be nice since our floor and trim is black.

I do have a compartment type net that fits (has like 8 sections to put groceries or what ever to keep things from sliding around).

I bought it in 2010 at TARGET for the Rogue. It's a bit Micky Mouse, but does work. It worked better in the Rogue as had a place on rear side to hook the upper hook. Using it in the Niro - I just leave that upper rear hook hang (the net still stands up and keeps things from sliding a round).

I will go take a picture and post it here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fortunately you were able to trim it smaller to fit. It's very difficult to trim things larger--even if you trim them twice. Don't ask me how I know.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't think it would be worth using a Weathertec Prius V cargo mat. The pictures of the OEM Niro mat look like they would work fine. I only used it because I had it and was very surprised that it fit.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sometimes like picking up a bag of fertilizer or mulch when out and about, generally use my Mini Van for that truck work if it's a big load.

I have a mat in the back of Mini Van and would want something besides the carpeted floor mat in trunk of NIRO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts