Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Virtually all the cars I have had in the last 15 years (Honda Fit, 2 Subarus, VW Golf) have had their handling (leaning on corners and high way stability) improved by upgrading to a larger rear sway bar. Generally it is a cheap (<$100) easy (< 1 hour) upgrade. Has anyone tried this for their Niro? If so, what was the result?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, I pretty much struck out on the idea of that the new, heavier Kia EV might have larger sway bars. My local Kia parts manager says EV front sway bar ("control arms") are a different part number on the EV, the rear sway bar is same. They said there is no way they can find out about the dimensions. :-(

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Are you talking about the BEV? One thing to consider is the rear suspension is not independent like the HEV and PHEV. At least that is what I remember from launch of the Ioniq BEV. The Niro could be different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you talking about the BEV? One thing to consider is the rear suspension is not independent like the HEV and PHEV. At least that is what I remember from launch of the Ioniq BEV. The Niro could be different.
The Niro EV has independent mult-link rear suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts