Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I leased my Kia Niro EX on June 22. Today, I happen to inspect the car closely and noticed that the rear tires, especially the driver's side, has a hugely negative camber. This means that the tire is leaning inward, with the top of the tire angled toward the center of the vehicle relative to the vertical.

What should I do about this? have the dealer adjust it at the service department? I have not hit any road holes or other objects which would cause this to happen, and the vehicle is only 3 months old. The tire will not wear evenly and I'll be on the hook for replacing it before the lease ends.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'd be more concerned about the puddle of pee under your Niro!

Seriously, get it checked at the dealer and let them take care of it, that's what warranty work is for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I took the vehicle to the dealer a few as ago and they put it up on the laser alignment machine. It showed that the back wheels had about 1.5 degrees negative camber, but it was within the factory tolerance limit. He explained that the off-verticale appearance was due to the suspension design and that none of the Niro vehicles will have perfectly vertical tires. He even told me he'd do an alignment but his explanations were detailed so I said don't bother.

Hopefully, with regular alignments and tire rotations, the tread wear will be even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts