Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other then the dealer has anyone found a replacement for the rear window wiper? Part number?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Post that page link? The link you posted stated it was compatible with the 2017 Niro, which made my think it was only that model.

·
Super Moderator
592 Posts
Personnaly... what is the difference for the jobber vs the original cost ??

if it's less than 15$, i prefer the original.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK: I bought a 2017 KIA Niro with 10,000 miles and was kept in a garage. The front windshield blades are bad. I am looking at Amazon for new blades. It seems they have all the major brands listed. I went over to Consumers Reports and read through the most NON HELPFUL GARBAGE ever (they said they tested 168 blades, over a year on their persona cars and did not give a report on anything). I have tried most of the brands over the years (70) and Trico seem to hold up best in Florida to the heat and sun. Anyone have any input what would be best? I live in Central Florida and most wiper blades tend to start failing after about 6 months.
I am looking at:
ABLEWIPE Windshield Hybird Wiper 26" + 16" Front Window Wiper Blades Model 18O13B(Set of 2)
They have about 1,500 people that like them. Anyone out there have any input on this?
They also have this:

AERO Voyager 26" + 16" Premium All-Season OEM Quality Windshield Wiper Blades (Set of 2)
They have almost 12,000 likes

I was stuck with the dealership replacing the rear blade.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
So you have to be a member of CR to get the full info on test reports. Have a library card? If so, most libraries have online access to CR that you can access from your home computer.

While I cannot tell you right now which wipers are the best, I've watched some pretty interesting youtube video tests. Those have no paywall and should be quite helpful. There were some clear winners, at least of new blades. CR likely did extended wear testing and how good they worked after 6 months of use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So you have to be a member of CR to get the full info on test reports. Have a library card? If so, most libraries have online access to CR that you can access from your home computer.

While I cannot tell you right now which wipers are the best, I've watched some pretty interesting youtube video tests. Those have no paywall and should be quite helpful. There were some clear winners, at least of new blades. CR likely did extended wear testing and how good they worked after 6 months of use.
I do have a paid Subscription to CR so read the whole article. They did not post their findings. I was upset they posted they tested, no report.
thanks for the info on U TUBE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts