Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the recall service done to my 2017 niro touring. While there at the dealership, I was told there are 2 new software updates, one is for the battery power management and the other for the brakes. Anyone else get this done yet?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wonder why they haven't pushed through a software update to address bluetooth/Apple CarPlay connectivity issues. Suppose safety and efficiency do take priority.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had them done just last week. I notice the improved brake feel immediately. Can't say the battery management tweak is at all noticeable

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was informed by my dealership's service department today that the HCA recall can't be done for at least 6 months due to parts being backordered, and that their one Kia certified tech is booked out for at least 4 months so I have to wait on the software updates until the recall parts become available. Estimated date for the HCA recall and (currently) 3 software updates is *POSSIBLY* in March 2019, if I am very lucky and my HCA springs a leak. Probably fall '19 if it doesn't.

Anyone know if the software updates can be user-installed, or does a Kia tech have to perform them? I'd like to get them done before I sell the car, if possible, and I'll do them myself if I can.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was informed by my dealership's service department today that the HCA recall can't be done for at least 6 months due to parts being backordered, and that their one Kia certified tech is booked out for at least 4 months so I have to wait on the software updates until the recall parts become available. Estimated date for the HCA recall and (currently) 3 software updates is *POSSIBLY* in March 2019, if I am very lucky and my HCA springs a leak. Probably fall '19 if it doesn't.
That’s ridiculous. Are there any other dealers you can call? I was able to make an appointment for a week later and got the work done.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Had them done just last week. I notice the improved brake feel immediately. Can't say the battery management tweak is at all noticeable
Can you explain what you felt? I haven’t noticed anything. Perhaps I just use the brakes differently or am less sensitive 🙂

·
Registered
85 Posts
That’s ridiculous. Are there any other dealers you can call? I was able to make an appointment for a week later and got the work done.
Next closest Kia dealership is a 3-4 hr drive away. But when I can make the time, I'm definitely taking it there instead.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I made a service appointment online with the local dealership's service department, about one week ago, to get the hydraulic actuator recall fixed as well as some other recall work done. Immediately got a confirmation email from service dept that listed out the recalls to be addressed-- so they knew **** well what the purpose of the appointment was. Took it in today for the scheduled appointment, and it took them 20 minutes before they even knew what the recall was all about. Only after I gave them the recall number did they seem to get their sh#! together. But -- and this is the kicker -- after 5 hours they call to tell me that they made several fixes (the brakes issue, the manual insert, etc. ) except for fixing the actuator -- which was of course the main reason I made the appointment in the first place. They said they have ordered a "repair kit" which will arrive next week, and I'm supposed to bring it back then. Disappointing service, to say the least.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have an appointment tomorrow for the 18V257 HCA check. I read of some other TSA's (not recalls), such as a brake software update, power management update- a couple people mentioned four total. Does anyone know the numbers of these TSA's, or have a link or receipt lising them? I cannot find them, and would like to know them in advance. I already received the door stickers for child safety seat a few months ago. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts