Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts came in for the two major RECALLs and the work was completed on 07-26-2018 at Rusty Wallace Kia in Alcoa (where I purchased the car in Feb 2017).

Some of the work was completed on 07-09-2018 during an initial Dealer Visit for the Recall notice (only notice was for the Hydraulic Clutch Actuator (I think that was the only recall item).

07-09-2018
Completed 2 Computer Changes: one for Brake Feel and one for Battery Management (I had not received recalls for those items -- changes they have on list to do when you come in).

They also showed the Child Safety Lock Stickers as done (fact is I had done that sometime ago, seems stickers came to me in mail - I forget).

They also ordered parts for the Hydraulic Clutch Actuator RECALL (the only recall notice I had received) and they also ordered parts for Front Wiring Harness Securing (not on any recall list I received).

07-26-2018
The parts for the Hydraulic Clutch Actuator and the Wiring Harness Securing came in about a week ago. They called and I set an appointment for 07-26-2018. Took less than an hour after I arrived at the dealer.

PS: Of course you are out the time and gas to drive there and back home (about 40 MIN and 25 miles one way).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Soft Brake Feel

I had read that people thought the brakes felt soft and squishy, so when I test drove and then bought my '18 EX 2 weeks ago, I particularly paid attention to the brake feel. They felt great. I think the flash they did for the new ones and are doing on the older ones has fixed the feel

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had my Niro in for the infamous door handle repair (both back doors) it was nearing service, had oil change, and there was a recall 180074 DE HEV BMS LOGIC IMPROVEMENT. I asked the service advisor if this was for battery or brakes. He had no clue (and didn't pursue it). Does anyone have any idea which software update that would have been? I found a reference online but it was all in spanish (of course google translated but it still didn't tell me what it was)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had recall work done for the clutch actuator. The brake software change is very noticeable to me.
Much better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The dealer just updated the Battery software and secured a section of the wiring harness on my 2018 EX HEV. Let's see if the software makes any difference in the MPG.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts