Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed that activating remote climate while charging on the L1 EVSE halts charging and it will not resume charging unless you remote reactivate charging after the 10 minute remote climate session?

I haven't tested this behavior on L2 yet. I plan on it tonight at a local public charger.

Another annoying thing (possibly related)...if you want to sit in the car while it charges and run the A/C, forget it, it only blows warm air. It is like the Niro can't run the A/C compressor while charging or some reason? I have owned a Leaf and Volt in the past and both of them could run the A/C while the car was charging. I have a buddy with a Bolt and he can run the A/C while charging as well. Also in the Volt and Bolt, if you activate remote climate, they will continue to charge while the remote climate session is active.

·
Super Moderator
601 Posts
I believe I've had my A/C work while L2 charging. I'd have to try it again to be sure. I can understand them disabling it during L1 charging, since you've charging so slowly running the A/C at the same time likely doubles the charge time. That's just a wag on my part, I have no idea what the actual A/C draw is.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I believe I've had my A/C work while L2 charging. I'd have to try it again to be sure. I can understand them disabling it during L1 charging, since you've charging so slowly running the A/C at the same time likely doubles the charge time. That's just a wag on my part, I have no idea what the actual A/C draw is.
I've measured the a.c. draw as 400 to 1500 W.

·
Super Moderator
601 Posts
I've measured the a.c. draw as 400 to 1500 W.
That would certainly use a significant amount of the charging current. It would take forever to fully charge on L1 if the A/C was running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts