Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We previously owned a Ford C-Max PHEV with a remote keyless starter. We bought my wife a 2019 Kia Niro LX HEV (she's happy) and live in the scorching hot CA desert. We do not want to loose our warranty and are therefore not going to have one installed anytime soon. Nonetheless, we were wondering if anyone has installed an aftermarket remote keyless starter and if so, any lessons learned.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This may not be any help to you but: if you get the KIA UVO app you can remotely turn on your vehicle to condition the air in the car so it is either cooled or heated when you enter the car.

Best of all its free - no expense or modifications necessary

Here is the link to the application
https://owners.kia.com/content/owners/en/kia-owner-portal.html/

Maybe this will be all you need?

the 2019 Niro is a very nice vehicle!

·
Registered
477 Posts
This may not be any help to you but: if you get the KIA UVO app you can remotely turn on your vehicle to condition the air in the car so it is either cooled or heated when you enter the car.

Best of all its free - no expense or modifications necessary

Here is the link to the application
https://owners.kia.com/content/owners/en/kia-owner-portal.html/

Maybe this will be all you need?

the 2019 Niro is a very nice vehicle!
Only for a limited time. After 3 years you have to pay a yearly subscription. :mad:

To get the climate control after the free period expires you'll need:

The Plus package costs $225/year and adds these features:

• Remote Lock & Unlock
  • Remote Climate
  • Find My Car
  • Remote Horn & Lights
  • Charge Scheduling
  • Remote Start & Stop

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Johnxyz, jmurphEV and Jaxterra. I'll have to pass this on to the wife. I hope it work with the LX HEV model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't seem to be able to find the remote start feature on the uvo app. I just bought a 2017 niro touring edition. Any advice?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts