Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like I borked UVO integration on my Niro PHEV. The car says that the service is activated but on myuvo it shows as not activated. I tried a factory reset on the infotainment system but that just deleted all of my radio presets and bluetooth pairings.

Has anyone had to reset the UVO integration on their cars yet?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Try deleting the phone app, (or at least forcing it closed) and reinstall (or reopen).

·
Registered
173 Posts
So far the UVO has been nothing but worthless...... Every time I shut the car off I get the message that the app failed to work.... junk, good thing the purchase of the car did not depend on the app working!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try deleting the phone app, (or at least forcing it closed) and reinstall (or reopen).
Turns out your solution was really close. I tired re-installing the app, clearing cache and data, no luck. Then I went back to the Google Play Store and searched for UVO again. Turns out there are 2 UVO apps. The regular eServices app and the UVO eco app. Despite the owner's manual pointing you towards the eServices app you really want the eco version.

Once I installed the eco app I was able to sync to the car and all of the remote functions seem to be working.

So far the UVO has been nothing but worthless...... Every time I shut the car off I get the message that the app failed to work.... junk, good thing the purchase of the car did not depend on the app working!
it is definitely a pain to set up with a whole lot of unnecessary steps. Now that i have the eco version of the app it seems to be working pretty well. The response to commands can be a bit slow at times though.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I'm not sure which app I have myself. I don't remember two options when I first downloaded it. When I first got it, I got a lot of alerts in the car about failing to connect, or parking spot location saved. Haven't seen those recently and opening my phone UVO app, I see it hasn't synched for a couple thousand miles. Mind you as a hybrid owner, I don't see a lot of utility to it. It can call roadside service I suppose, which saves me a tiny bit of effort in storing the number in my phone book.

Glad you got it fixed!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure which app I have myself. I don't remember two options when I first downloaded it. When I first got it, I got a lot of alerts in the car about failing to connect, or parking spot location saved. Haven't seen those recently and opening my phone UVO app, I see it hasn't synched for a couple thousand miles. Mind you as a hybrid owner, I don't see a lot of utility to it. It can call roadside service I suppose, which saves me a tiny bit of effort in storing the number in my phone book.

Glad you got it fixed!
Oh I agree the whole thing has limited usefulness, it just annoyed me that it wasn't working. That may say more about me than anything else. :D

If you care to look, at least on Android, the eco app has green icon with a leaf on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The UVO eco app hangs up constantly and won't log me in. It will work once ,then I have to throw the app away and re-download to my iphone in order to use it again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Turns out your solution was really close. I tired re-installing the app, clearing cache and data, no luck. Then I went back to the Google Play Store and searched for UVO again. Turns out there are 2 UVO apps. The regular eServices app and the UVO eco app. Despite the owner's manual pointing you towards the eServices app you really want the eco version.

Once I installed the eco app I was able to sync to the car and all of the remote functions seem to be working.

it is definitely a pain to set up with a whole lot of unnecessary steps. Now that i have the eco version of the app it seems to be working pretty well. The response to commands can be a bit slow at times though.
It was the opposite for my two Neros. I D/L the Green ECO App first and I could not connect to either Car using two different phones. I then uninstalled the Green App, D/L the Red e-services and I easily connected to both Neros so who knows what's going on. This is the same App I used to connect to my Optima.................

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was the opposite for my two Neros. I D/L the Green ECO App first and I could not connect to either Car using two different phones. I then uninstalled the Green App, D/L the Red e-services and I easily connected to both Neros so who knows what's going on. This is the same App I used to connect to my Optima.................
Are your Niros PHEV or regular hybrid? I think that's the difference. For my PHEV Niro the eco app did the trick. The regular UVO app seems to be appropriate for the non-PHEV models.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are your Niros PHEV or regular hybrid? I think that's the difference. For my PHEV Niro the eco app did the trick. The regular UVO app seems to be appropriate for the non-PHEV models.
Regular HEVs...................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts