Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my niro started having issues with app connectivity about 6 months into purchase.
I am documenting here in case anyone else id going through the same *hit

specifically the modem was loosing its connectivity and getting reset [usim and imei would all get reset to 0]

only workaround was to reset headunit using a pin[and things would be for 3 days or so and then back to square one]
a pin became my favorite gadget for a brand new car ...alas

when i took the car do my first service the folks at the place of purchase told me that issue was happening as i was connecting after market charger.rofl

on the second service i was a bit adamant and wanted them to troubleshoot.
[i saw someone else here on the forum had the headunit replaced due to a similar issue]

after 2 weeks of the car at the service center and no solution , i had to copy the kia north america ceo as well as kia worldwide ceo in replies to customer service [about 4 times..sigh..i would rather the ceo do his job but there was no clear escalation path here ]
finally after 4 weeks kia replaced the headunit..and am having no issues anymore

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update:it is been 7 months since Head unit change and the initial trouble started coming back [.Loosing imei and the sim connectivity]..:(..this is beyond frustrating!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,589 Posts
I imagine it would be. Must be something more than the head unit, but I have no idea what else might cause that. I'm at 2 years now with mine with no issues.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I've heard of this happening to cell phone owners too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts