Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
in the US lower levels get hubcaps on alloy black wheels that look to be 5 spoke......I wanted the lower level wheels and no sunroof but I wanted the HID lights and air conditioned seat more I guess!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have to think that some other Kia model has wheels that would fit. Bolt patterns are quite often common among similar models.

I was also thinking about getting a temporary spare from some other Kia model to replace the 'fixit kit' that comes with EX Premium in Canada.

·
Registered
104 Posts
in the US lower levels get hubcaps on alloy black wheels that look to be 5 spoke......I wanted the lower level wheels and no sunroof but I wanted the HID lights and air conditioned seat more I guess!!!
See, Kia. Look! Look! Another buyer that didn't want the stupid sunroof but did want the higher gas mileage wheels/tires. :laugh:

This reminds me of my anti-sunroof rant here: http://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/129-kia-niro-owners-registry-check-area/1394-niro-delivered-today.html

I continue to maintain that automakers misjudge the popularity of sunroofs. Kia is also misjudging the desirability of the 17" low-profile gas wasting wheels/tires on the Touring trim. I would like the EX model and would pay the extra money to get RCTA and BSD but will not buy the sunroof.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I, on the other hand, am looking at the EX plus advanced tech pkg because it does have the sunroof! I have it open on my current Accord much of the time. Benefit to living in NorCal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
16" Wheels for trade

See, Kia. Look! Look! Another buyer that didn't want the stupid sunroof but did want the higher gas mileage wheels/tires. :laugh: ...

... I continue to maintain that automakers misjudge the popularity of sunroofs. Kia is also misjudging the desirability of the 17" low-profile gas wasting wheels/tires on the Touring trim. I would like the EX model and would pay the extra money to get RCTA and BSD but will not buy the sunroof.

17"? Kia only offers 16" and 18" wheels on the Niro. You in a country other than the US?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like that silver one! Now that I'm thinking about a trip back to Michigan I really am not liking my 18" wheels! I guess I didn't push hard enough in the deal to get the wheels swapped out.....of course I didn't push to get a spare thrown in either....kinda dumb I guess!

·
Registered
6 Posts
See, Kia. Look! Look! Another buyer that didn't want the stupid sunroof but did want the higher gas mileage wheels/tires. :laugh:

This reminds me of my anti-sunroof rant here: http://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/129-kia-niro-owners-registry-check-area/1394-niro-delivered-today.html

I continue to maintain that automakers misjudge the popularity of sunroofs. Kia is also misjudging the desirability of the 17" low-profile gas wasting wheels/tires on the Touring trim. I would like the EX model and would pay the extra money to get RCTA and BSD but will not buy the sunroof.
Count my husband and I as more buyers who didn't want the sunroof, but my husband did want the tech package. We finally gave in and got the sunroof (EX), but it still irks us that we were forced into it in order to get the tech. We never open it, and are annoyed that we have the extra weight and loss of headroom. Sigh.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like that silver one! Now that I'm thinking about a trip back to Michigan I really am not liking my 18" wheels! I guess I didn't push hard enough in the deal to get the wheels swapped out.....of course I didn't push to get a spare thrown in either....kinda dumb I guess!
You can't get them swapped out because they are part of a package. I tried. All you can do is buy the 16 inch ones and sell the bigger ones or keep them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Count my husband and I as more buyers who didn't want the sunroof, but my husband did want the tech package. We finally gave in and got the sunroof (EX), but it still irks us that we were forced into it in order to get the tech. We never open it, and are annoyed that we have the extra weight and loss of headroom. Sigh.
css2017- the Adv. Tech Package is available in the lower LX trim. It has the same FCW, AEB, LDW, and smart cruise as the EX, but has no sunroof, and no power seat with lumbar(I really wanted a power seat!), but not enough to pay up to the EX+ Adv. Tech.package.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Who the **** doesn't want a sunroof? I love mine and open it daily....
I have NEVER used the sunroof. I don't even know if it opens. LOL. If I lived in an area where it was sunny and 70 every day I might, but I need AC to cool things down and the humidity is too high to just open windows. That is the one thing that I hated having to pay for.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have NEVER used the sunroof. I don't even know if it opens. LOL. If I lived in an area where it was sunny and 70 every day I might, but I need AC to cool things down and the humidity is too high to just open windows. That is the one thing that I hated having to pay for.
I never cared much for sunroofs either. They just take away headroom, something I appreciate even though I am short. :) Also live in AZ and avoid having the sun beat down on my head in 100+ degree weather. I generally go for base models anyway so it is fortunate they seldom come with sunroofs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rims are less problematic thing here. Ebay and services like that are your friend. I'll bet that the number of buyers who regret that they could not have 18" without paying for EX version is non-zero. Maybe even at this forum, near you you will find someone who will want to swap 16" for 18" wheels for "better look".

Unfortunately this is not so easy with different equipment which you possibly could want to have without paying a lot for 10 more features which means nothing to you (like sunroof, lane assist and so on).
- active cruise control
- BLIS
- ventilated and heated seats (or at least heated for half leather seats which will make winter rides much more comfortable)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts